2023 Tomato Grow List
toomanytommytoes Offline
The cherry shaped Honeydrop is from a dehybridization of Sunsugar F1 and can have a lot of variation in colour between orange/yellow/pink/red. The seeds are only really available from US websites so it's not likely to be that I think, though it is one I want to try in the future.

I think the seed swap Honeydrop is more likely to be a translation of Medovaya Kaplya, which is a commercial Russian yellow pear variety.
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Farendwoman, Garrett, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Whose name is on the Honeydrop seeds, JJB? I'm too lazy to look for my packet.Smile
Maybe they can tell you what they were like.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
No name or date so I've no idea, it's a typed label so I can't even recognise the writing.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(15-03-2023, 02:17 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: The cherry shaped Honeydrop is from a dehybridization of Sunsugar F1 and can have a lot of variation in colour between orange/yellow/pink/red. The seeds are only really available from US websites so it's not likely to be that I think, though it is one I want to try in the future.

I think the seed swap Honeydrop is more likely to be a translation of Medovaya Kaplya, which is a commercial Russian yellow pear variety.

As usual you are a mine of tomato information,  thank TMTT, in the end I decided not to sow them today, 21 different toms are more than enough I think Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, toomanytommytoes

SarrissUK Offline
The honeydrop toms were from me. They were of slight pear shape, more yellow than orange, so JJB might be right. They're self saved seeds from three years ago I think (I've grown them every year, and saved my own seeds), but I can't recall where I got them from originally.
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(20-03-2023, 11:06 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: The honeydrop toms were from me. They were of slight pear shape, more yellow than orange, so JJB might be right. They're self saved seeds from three years ago I think (I've grown them every year, and saved my own seeds), but I can't recall where I got them from originally.

Thanks Sarriss, both for the info and the seeds.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
I've sown some Honeydrop today. If they are indeed Medovaya Kaplya, it's supposed to be one of the best tasting yellow pear varieties. Did you perhaps get them from Seaspring Seeds, Sarriss?

Added some more to my grow list because I can't help myself:

Shimmer F1
Romello F1
Goldkrone (new seed because last year's was extremely off type, red instead of yellow, very productive but disgusting!)
Oh Happy Day F1
Honeycomb F1
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
I've sown 4 varieties this year.

Gardeners delight
Black Cherry
Tigerella
Mini Bell
[-] The following 6 users Like Bren's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(21-03-2023, 12:44 AM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: I've sown some Honeydrop today. If they are indeed Medovaya Kaplya, it's supposed to be one of the best tasting yellow pear varieties. Did you perhaps get them from Seaspring Seeds, Sarriss?

Added some more to my grow list because I can't help myself:

Shimmer F1
Romello F1
Goldkrone (new seed because last year's was extremely off type, red instead of yellow, very productive but disgusting!)
Oh Happy Day F1
Honeycomb F1

How many is that in total now TMTT?  Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • toomanytommytoes, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
20 varieties, 30 plants. Not too bad!
[-] The following 6 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Farendwoman, Garrett, JJB, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Veggie