Pea/Bean Netting?
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Does anyone use it? That plastic square stuff.

I got myself some jute netting once and it only lasted one season and cost a fortune.

I need to use the nets to keep my flowers straight. Just planted up some foxgloves and some campanula.

For the dahlias I have used old poultry netting ( some squares are a bit small but I can keep reusing it so that's good for me.

I need mine at least 1.5 metres wide...my beds are 14 & 30ish foot long - any idea where I can get some at a decent price.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man

SarrissUK Offline
To be honest Scarlet, the netting I use is all begged from building sites. They're building a new massive unit at work and I went to speak to the guys working on site and they pointed me to both fine blue netting and bigger netting - the orange square holes. I grabbed a bootful.
That's the first time in about five years I've had to do that - the netting I had on the allotment before I moved got nicked before I could clear my plot, but I'd had that for probably five years now.
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet

toomanytommytoes Offline
I use this stuff for peas, it's very strong. Had it for 3 years and think it will last for a long time.

https://www.easynets.co.uk/product/pea-b...s-netting/
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I use commercial fishing net/ crab pot netting that I find washed up on the beach for my peas.
I hate that plastic stuff. It doesn’t last very long , it breaks really easily. It horrible.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-08-2022, 09:30 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I use commercial fishing net/ crab pot netting that I find washed up on the beach for my peas.
I hate that plastic stuff. It doesn’t last very long , it breaks really easily. It horrible.
Yes...that's why I bought the jute netting but it's expensive and doesn't last. I don't want to buy new every year. 

I have used two 50 metre electric fences... they are B perfect, strong, can use more than once and I'm repurposing something I already used for years.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-08-2022, 08:59 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: I use this stuff for peas, it's very strong. Had it for 3 years and think it will last for a long time.

Thank you very much!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-08-2022, 08:59 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: I use this stuff for peas, it's very strong. Had it for 3 years and think it will last for a long time.

Think you - they also do a "fence" that comes in 20metre lengths- I think it looks the same stuff but in yellow... I'm goi g to get a couple of those I think.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, toomanytommytoes

Bren Offline

I've got the same netting mine just had its second year,  it doesn't tangle like plastic netting so its easy to pack away and reuse.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I've used the green mesh like Bren's nd TMTT vertically for a couple of years for peas and beans, it's manageable and robust and is definitely reusable.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Veggie

Roitelet Offline
I use square mesh wire netting. Had it for years and it works fine. I use metal tension bars for chain link fencing to support it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie