2021 - What I did today
Admin Offline
The Boss
Just a bit of an upgrade to the edge of plot 51, it started has a row of Hawthorne and elderberry, which I dug out and then became a big raised bed, now divided into 3 with 3 potted fruit trees. Need to dig and back fill the 3rd bed with sifted soil and manure.

I will get some better pictures later, decided against adding too much compost to avoid vine weevils taking a shine to it.
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 5 users Like Admin's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-03-2021, 09:40 AM)Admin Wrote: Just a bit of an upgrade to the edge of plot 51, it started has a row of Hawthorne and elderberry, which I dug out and then became a big raised bed, now divided into 3 with 3 potted fruit trees. Need to dig and back fill the 3rd bed with sifted soil and manure.

I will get some better pictures later, decided against adding too much compost to avoid vine weevils taking a shine to it.
Wow! Amazing. I really wish I had it in me to dig. It makes a huge difference. I would never attempt a project like that. The thought of getting those roots out horrifies me Big Grin how's your back after that?!
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(28-03-2021, 09:40 AM)Admin Wrote: Just a bit of an upgrade to the edge of plot 51, it started has a row of Hawthorne and elderberry, which I dug out and then became a big raised bed, now divided into 3 with 3 potted fruit trees. Need to dig and back fill the 3rd bed with sifted soil and manure.

Great job boss Smile
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Serious work getting those roots out, did you have mechanical help?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I've been to the dump. That's my outing for the weekend. I told P I was a cheap date, he disagreed, he maintained in the long run I'm rather expensive. Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(25-03-2021, 07:13 PM)Broadway Wrote: - Worked out what to do re constructing the raspberry support, will put it together over the weekend

- Put together a couple of brassica cages/frames from old blowaway bits and pieces. Still needs netting and putting in place
A few more bits on the above......

Ground steaks for the raspberry support cut to size and hammered home..

Added a base section to the cages to help attach the netting..

Also sowed and potted on some bits..

Dumped some more food scraps into a dalek at the plot..
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • JJB

Bren Offline
Potted on 32 basil plants they’re back on a windowsill now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(28-03-2021, 06:10 PM)Bren Wrote: Potted on 32 basil plants they’re back on a windowsill now.
You like a bit of basil then BrenSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile

Admin Offline
The Boss
(28-03-2021, 01:53 PM)JJB Wrote: Serious work getting those roots out, did you have mechanical help?

Just a lot puffing and panting and of course, a few expletivesWink
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Bonfire on the plot yesterday. I think we might be proper allotmenteers now. Otherwise just stared at my pots and admired my seedlings.
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie