The build
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Will you and Bob? be digging the founds yourselves or are you contracting out the whole job SC?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Foundations is the only bit of the job being done by professionals. We will be labouring for them. Then the rest of the build is down to us! We’ve got extra muscle ready to help in exchange for a bit of pocket money & a good feed every day.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 11 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mamzie, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Online
Super Pest Controller
(20-02-2021, 07:42 PM)Small chilli Wrote: It looks like we start on the foundations in about 2 weeks.
Good luck! I hope the weather is good for you...a good time of year to start.
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, mcdood, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
It seems like it must be building time, our lad is finally getting his very small kitchen extended. The builder started knocking down bits of wall this week - only a year later than scheduled. A bit of a complicated build as the only access to the site is through back alleys behind his mid terraced house. Rather him than me.

By the way SC, fingers crossed for smooth sailing ahead with your build.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 8 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, mcdood, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
Wish you well Sc, I remember losing 2st. when helping the builder put up our extension. When the conservatory went up, I supervisedSmile Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-02-2021, 07:16 PM)Spec Wrote: Wish you well Sc, I remember losing 2st. when helping the builder put up our extension. When the conservatory went up, I supervisedSmile Smile
Good job it wasn't 2 pounds or you'd have dug up the extension to find it. Tongue
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 10 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Spec

Scarlet Online
Super Pest Controller
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
(21-02-2021, 07:23 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(21-02-2021, 07:16 PM)Spec Wrote: Wish you well Sc, I remember losing 2st. when helping the builder put up our extension. When the conservatory went up, I supervisedSmile Smile
Good job it wasn't 2 pounds or you'd have dug up the extension to find it. Tongue

That was nasty, you would think I bothered with moneyRolleyes
I will have you know I have never lost a penny out my pocket since I lost that penny dated 1912, that was in 19?? when I was 16, I remember the date because it was after that I got my first steel mesh zip pocket made. Even more troubling is I still haven't found it againAngry
[-] The following 11 users Like Spec's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mamzie, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
We’ve been ordering things today that will never be seen. Underground drainage and beam & boot links.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Mamzie, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
Strangely enough I have been ordering stuff that will never be seen, well by OH anyway Rolleyes Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie