2021 - What I did today
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Starting this thread ready for 2021.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Nothing garden related outside, its toooo cold. Trying to decide which chilli(s) I'm going to experiment with as the lad asked, but choosing which one or two is difficult. The lad agreed to take on surplus chillies if there are any so will grow a medium heat one for him. SC sent me a lovely selection of mild ones, so I'm dithering as usual. It's worse than choosing tomatoes, at least they'll go outside if I grow too many.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, DaiWig, Small chilli, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Nothing except dig a few carrots for the dinner.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I was just counting my seed potatoes - as you do this time of year - and I knocked off a sprout so I planted it. It's on the kitchen windowsill. Its the same family as tomato so might enter it in with the early toms here - if it survives.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The sun was out so I actually got off my backside and went for a run! Well, it was more of a 30 seconds of desultory jogging followed by 2 minutes of walk to catch my breath, but maintained a raised heartrate throughout which was the purpose. That might be my exercise for 2021 though Smile. I haven't jogged for 10-15 years, no wonder I found it difficult.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Moved the 4 compost daleks at the plot thanks to help from No.2 son.

Lockdown haircut, didn't like the oops comment from Mrs B half way throughSmile

2nd game in the family chess tournament, after 2hrs I resigned the game to a 16 year old, I'm knackered nowSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Made a chocolate roulade for P's birthday tomorrow, if he doesn't behave re pots on windowsills, he's not having any Big Grin
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(02-01-2021, 01:44 PM)JJB Wrote: The sun was out so I actually got off my backside and went for a run!  Well, it was more of a 30 seconds of desultory jogging followed by 2 minutes of walk to catch my breath, but maintained a raised heartrate throughout which was the purpose.  That might be my exercise for 2021 though Smile.  I haven't jogged for 10-15 years, no wonder I found  it difficult.

I think I should start running again. I think my target should be 3 miles in 30 minutes but I'll start with 1 mile in about 12 minutes probably. I only went for a couple of runs all last year and don't feel at all fit at the moment. Gardening, specially like now, sitting in an armchair just thinking about it, doesn't really do too much. I'll run 1 or 2 telegraph poles then walk a couple...
Went for a walk earlier.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
Dug and mulched a bed before recovering until needed, had a chat with a plot nieghbour. Nice to come home to a nice warm house
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I lined one of my new raised beds, then filled it with soil. Placed all my strawberries in their pots on it then put the netting on it to keep the cats out.

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Admin, Broadway, Spec, Veggie