Poll: Vote for your favourite
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jimny's Wreath Post 25
66.67%
4 66.67%
Small Chilli's Shell trees Post 39
33.33%
2 33.33%
Jimny's Reindeer Post 44
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Your chance to win a £15 e-voucher
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My artistic ability is about age 4 , maybe 5 on a good day  Big Grin .
Join in its all a bit of fun. With a very generous e-voucher incentive    Cool . 
Me and the boys have just had to go for a walk to get more natural supplies, I didn’t get enough yesterday  Rolleyes .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline
I'm going to try and get little one involved in this. I've been in the garden today doing some cutting back and reckon I've saved enough bits. Also made a wire ring as a frame today. Now time to get some dry weather and convince 3yo that it's a good idea to make one.
[-] The following 6 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(10-11-2020, 07:57 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: I'm going to try and get little one involved in this. I've been in the garden today doing some cutting back and reckon I've saved enough bits. Also made a wire ring as a frame today. Now time to get some dry weather and convince 3yo that it's a good idea to make one.
 Is little one a boy or a girl?? I tried for 15 years to get my boys interested. The only time they dug the veg plot was at Easter when the bunny planted a tin of roses somewhere Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli

Jimny14 Offline
[quote pid='11109' dateline='1605044036']

Is little one a boy or a girl?? I tried for 15 years to get my boys interested. The only time they dug the veg plot was at Easter when the bunny planted a tin of roses somewhere Big Grin
[/quote]

Little girl. She's quite good as enjoys helping (not always that helpful). I like the digging the plot idea, I may nick it in a few years. At the moment the trick is trying to stop her digging the patch.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Mine had tractors and trucks, loved moving rubbish about and then they got to about 10 and were only interested in fires!! Burnt lots of areas with a magnifying glass Big Grin made BBQs and then stole all my chickens cider vinegar to make rockets.
Then out of be the blue - from Uni last year my son sent me this -

He started growing Chilli plants!! All that training gets through eventually!
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Jimny14, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline
Well it has begun. We (me doing the grunt work, wiring in etc and 3yo being artistic director) have started a decoration. How it's going I'm not sure its "Christmas" but we'll see.

[-] The following 6 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
That’s looking fantastic jimny & artistic director. I think it’s looking Christmassy.

Also think I need to change my earlier statement to...... I don’t even have the artistic ability of a 3 year old  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jimny14, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet

Spec Offline
(10-11-2020, 01:23 PM)Small chilli Wrote: My artistic ability is about age 4 , maybe 5 on a good day

(12-11-2020, 08:43 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Also think I need to change my earlier statement to...... I don’t even have the artistic ability of a 3 year old  Big Grin .
On seeing Sc,s first comment I thought, setting too high a standerd , so won't be doing that, but with the second that brings it into a more achievable goal, but on reflection still too high, so won't be trying it
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(10-11-2020, 11:51 AM)Veggie Wrote: JJB, Join the Peg and Paperclip Art Society with me. Smile

V, it's not so much the peg, paperclips or even possible  mitre joints,  it's the artistic bit, there is nothing about me that's artistic.  Anyhoo how permanent does this decoration need to be?  Whatever I attempt won't survive beyond a few days I fear. 
You devil, you've even got me considering it!  Get thee behind me!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(10-11-2020, 10:33 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 07:57 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: I'm going to try and get little one involved in this. I've been in the garden today doing some cutting back and reckon I've saved enough bits. Also made a wire ring as a frame today. Now time to get some dry weather and convince 3yo that it's a good idea to make one.

I too tried to get the lad interested in the garden, failed miserably.   He's still not keen although can dig if pressured.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jimny14, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet