2024 seeds and stuff I’ve bought acquired today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(05-07-2024, 09:06 AM)JJB Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 08:50 AM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ve weakened and brought seeds  Big Grin . Well as he brought himself 3, no, not joking  3 nail guns yesterday. I thought screw it, I’m having some seeds 

All were in the sale apart from pumpkin. 

I can't just 'like' that, it's priceless. My mum used to like 2 of everything but 3 is pushing the boundaries. Who's got a seed sale? I'm might need to stock up on cucurbits  Big Grin
Cancel that question, just seen your post about seed parade.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
DT Brown's 50p sale is still on too. https://www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk/pages/sale
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(05-07-2024, 10:17 AM)Veggie Wrote: DT Brown's 50p sale is still on too.  https://www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk/pages/sale

I'm off to have a look.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
Not a fan of DT Brown's new website. Pictures are bigger which means a lot of scrolling, and the pop ups when you move over the shortcuts at the top are annoying.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(05-07-2024, 12:49 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: Not a fan of DT Brown's new website. Pictures are bigger which means a lot of scrolling, and the pop ups when you move over the shortcuts at the top are annoying.
So many pop ups! I had to close 4 before I could even see the page. Infuriating
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Garrett, toomanytommytoes

toomanytommytoes Offline
(05-07-2024, 01:12 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 12:49 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: Not a fan of DT Brown's new website. Pictures are bigger which means a lot of scrolling, and the pop ups when you move over the shortcuts at the top are annoying.
So many pop ups! I had to close 4 before I could even see the page. Infuriating
Unfortunately they're owned by a private equity company now, so I expect costs to be cut and prices to go up. I don't think Mr F's and DT Brown's websites needed such a drastic makeover, just a bit of freshening up and modernisation. 

Premier Seeds Direct looks like it was bought out last year too, or at least it's lost two of its original directors, with two new investors and only (presumably) the daughter remaining. They've recently updated their website too, but it looks a lot like the old one, just cleaner and easier to navigate.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I've just been led astray by Vital Seeds Second Spring seed collection https://vitalseeds.co.uk/product/winter-...ollection/
At first I was only going to buy 2 of the seeds in that collection (the Mizuna Ben Houshi) and the (Kizuna Mix) because I have some of the other seeds already. However, they're a bit old so I decided to buy fresh replacements.
I also added 2 unusual items - a Broccoli that grows like "Kalettes"https://vitalseeds.co.uk/product/fiolaro-di-creazzo-organic/ and you know how much I like those. Wink and a very frilly kale https://vitalseeds.co.uk/product/kale-be...-for-2023/

That's £24.79 on the debit side of my balance sheet!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
That bear necessities kale is very pretty and very tempting.
I can’t wait to have my first veg bed ready. I’ve got so many kale varieties to try. Mostly thanks to you  Heart .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just had a good look round their website. Wish I hadn’t. I want all the loose leaf lettuce varieties and quite a lot of the pumpkins & squash.  Rolleyes  Big Grin .

It’s not happening I have lots of seeds already and no actual beds to plant them in  Blush .
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
That's an interesting site, I've earmarked a few for a future spending spree, I like the thought of a sweet, crunchy cuc Shintokiwa, that frondy kale is interesting and a couple of tomatoes which may not make the list as I'm in the process of convincing myself that there's no need for so many toms.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie