What keeps you busy
Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Gardening does keep me busy most of the year round. I started off today stringing 2.5kg of red currants to go in the freezer but half way through the electric went off so left the rest then. They had told us it was going off for the day but didn't remember. I had to get out an emergency gas ring to make a cup of tea. After that I fed all the greenhouse and polytunnel plants with their first feed of miracle grow (they get 2 or 3 in the year. The rest are comfrey). I've planted some more comfrey for next year. Then walked to nearby farm for some eggs.
I spent a bit of time looking for a cabbage white butterfly I'd seen in the greenhouse but couldn't find it. When I came in, my wife pointed it out on my back.
After dinner it was time for my siesta - I'll be sad when we ffinally finish with the EU if they are abolished. When I used to work in Liverpool in IT, I used to regularly have a kip in my car at dinner time.
Anyway, when the electric came back on I finished the red currants and put them in the freezer. I probably need about 10kg each of red currants and rasperries for my breakfast with a little honey and porridge. I've just come in from a slug hunt round the courgettes. They are quite cunning. They don't eat good courgettes but any that don't get pollinated. but they also eat the petals off the flowers that often leaves them unpollinated so then they think they can eat the courgette as well.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Well here’s my answers

Are you a man or a woman? As the name suggests I am a man
Where do you live? On the bog in Co. Kildare Ireland
Do you work or are you retired? Working towards retirement if they would leave the age alone, if not I will retire early and take my chances
Do you have an allotment? No, large garden
What are your best features? Genuine, loveable, great cook, and a loving granddad
Have you ever done anything memorable? I was Pipe Sargent with my pipe band when we got placed 3rd at the World Pipe Band Championships in Glasgow
Do you have any pets? Not any more, poor old Tigger passed away, though I have a visiting cat that I feed plus my garden birds. Both my children have dogs that come visit so that’s enough.
Are you good looking/beautiful? Yes my wife says I am.
Do you have your own teeth? Yes, but I also have 2 crowns.
Do you have any money? I have a few bob put away for the rainy day.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(01-07-2020, 07:28 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: haha no need for hats just yet, but it's nice to make plans. I don't mean plans for buying hats, I mean me and him making plans lol Smile

Shame.  I'm sure I have a fascinator in the cupboard somewhere,  I looked a right Charlie in it at son's wedding Smile.  Let us know when the time is right,  Sarriss
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(01-07-2020, 07:28 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: haha no need for hats just yet, but it's nice to make plans. I don't mean plans for buying hats, I mean me and him making plans lol Smile

I could rent a tuxedo I have my own bow tie Black & White.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
We could be Bridesmaids JJB Smile
I've never been a bridesmaid and I'm sure I'd look stunning in one of those crinoline style dresses that they put over toilet rolls.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, SarrissUK

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I have the keys to quite a few second homes should anyone require honeymoon accommodation anytime soon  Wink

Are you a man or a woman? Woman
Where do you live? Bigorre
Do you work or are you retired? Semi-retired
Do you have an allotment? No, big plot at home
What are your best features? Dogged persistence?
Have you ever done anything memorable? Surviving a 90 minute interview in French & being granted French citizenship.
Do you have any pets? A black cat, born to a feral mum in the wood stack.
Are you good looking/beautiful? Plain but smiley!
Do you have your own teeth? Yes
Do you have any money? Enough to put food on the table, buy a little fuel for the moto, a few plants and one or two meals out a year. It was a choice to be happy but poor - my heart goes out to people who have poverty inflicted upon them.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Well without putting too much out there on the www.!!

Are you a man or a woman? Man
Where do you live? Lovely Wales
Do you work or are you retired? Work, I design kitchens, but I’m an Architect by profession and spend most of my time reconfiguring and project managing poorly designed modern homes.
Do you have an allotment? Not any more, but my garden is generous.
What are your best features? I have a scowling face but a cheerful disposition. Smile
Have you ever done anything memorable? I hope not, I’d prefer to be like a footprint on a beach.
Do you have any pets? A Spanial Max
Are you good looking/beautiful? I’m an acquired taste.
Do you have your own teeth? Yes, they are all mine.
Do you have any money? I’m happy in life.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I only put these questions on here to find out more about Curly who is unnaturally tight lipped Smile maybe he's tightfisted tooWink
Your answers have been very entertaining though - Thank you Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jimny14

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(02-07-2020, 08:15 PM)Veggie Wrote: We could be Bridesmaids JJB Smile
I've never been a bridesmaid and I'm sure I'd look stunning in one of those crinoline style dresses that they put over toilet rolls.

I'm up for being a bridesmaid.  I'm sure between us we could give Sarriss a really good do.... with or without her permission.  Smile

I'm sure you'd be stunning in all situations. Stunning who is the question!
An image of a slightly dishevelled  Scarlet O'Hara in a crinoline comes to mind.  You might need a little height to carry it off, how tall are you?   Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Tall enough to see out of the skirt, just!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mikey