2024 - What I did today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Started out planting out some gazanias, then it rained. Pricked out some tagetes in the gh until the rain stopped. Then planted out one chadwick cherry tomato outside, then it rained. I refused to be put off and continued to plant another two, a honeycomb and a sungold getting thoroughly drowned in the process, not only drowned but covered in mud. Gave up and came in for lunch and the sun came out.  Rolleyes
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Planted a few more tomatoes in GH1, nearly all pots are planted now. Just waiting on the cucumber seedlings to grow.
Also planted some more CFBs in the Bean house (was the Shelter bed). Did some weeding and cutting down of docks nearby. Have to at least cut the seed heads off before they spread everywhere.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Planted a tray of Vespa Field beans at the far end of the Chicken run bed, the shadiest part. I'm hoping that the beans will think its winter, feels like it anyway.
Weeded around the outside of the run - vinca, nettles, bramble, dock, cleavers, nipplewort, dandelions, montbretia, feverfew, - you get the picture!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sown seeds. Transplanted some ragged robin from what will be the cottage garden to the wild flower patch.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Took the bokashi to the allotment compost bin. Found that one of my two giant pumpkin plants has been eaten... Everything that is not a weed is looking very weedy.
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Discovered some baby DFB had been chopped off, either by mice, pigeons or slugs. I've covered up against pigeons and will set a trap for mice, not sure about slugs.
Planted out another two toms outside, tidied up gh2 border, cleared away the pasting table staging from one side exposing the border and placed toms ready for planting tomorrow. Planted out some bedding.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Garrett Offline
Weeded a bed for french beans and runners and then constructed the 2 metre bamboo A-frame with twine.
Tied in tomatoes, mangetout and sweet peas.
Sowed more lettuce to replace the current batch currently being harvested.
Direct sowed the last chitted Yin Yang beans.
Squished a lily beetle. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Garrett's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
We've got a planned power outage from 8.30 to 4.30, so you'll see no signs of me til this afternoon.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Its Thursday which used to be T'Herbs Day so I planted some empty big pots with herbs that were lying around to make a little herb garden near the kitchen door. The so-called Giant Chives were grown from seed, the parsley from a supermarket pot and the thyme was grown from cut herbs from a supermarket bag. Needless to say none of these cost me any money - even the Chive seeds came from a swap. Big Grin
I also filled the garden waste wheelie bins ready for collection tomorrow - when I can fill them up again.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yesterday I mowed. And started making hay with some of the clippings

This is just 2 barrow loads. I’ve bagged another 3 to just rot down and be added to compost or beds as and when.
I’ll finish mowing & strimming after I’ve done a change over.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie