2024 - What I did today
Bren Offline
Planted Bluhilde beans.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Planted out all courgettes/squashes. As I do every year, I wonder why I've grown so many Rolleyes
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Put up some beansticks in the old shelter bed. It will be a walk-in bean "cage" with beans on 3 sides, and a few on the 4th side too for good measure!.
Sowed some beans in readiness and some cucumbers.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-05-2024, 07:26 PM)Veggie Wrote: Put up some beansticks in the old shelter bed. It will be a walk-in bean "cage" with beans on 3 sides, and a few on the 4th side too for good measure!.

We need a picture!
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Only thing I’ve done garden related today is collected a watering can of sea water from the loch. For my samphire grass.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(26-05-2024, 09:06 PM)JJB Wrote:
(26-05-2024, 07:26 PM)Veggie Wrote: Put up some beansticks in the old shelter bed. It will be a walk-in bean "cage" with beans on 3 sides, and a few on the 4th side too for good measure!.

We need a picture!

Here's an old photo. Its the square thing in the middle. It used to have a roof on it and a seat beneath it, so that I could "shelter" from the rain. The roof collapsed but the structure was sound so it has been enclosed with Fire guards on 2 sides, wire netting on the 3rd and a child's gate on the 4th. That's the entrance for little people.Wink
and to keep the dogs out!!

Last year I grew mangetout on the wire netting side and courgettes on the ground. I rather like the thought of being surrounded by beans. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, MartinH, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-05-2024, 09:36 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(26-05-2024, 09:06 PM)JJB Wrote:

We need a picture!

Here's an old photo. Its the square thing in the middle. It used to have a roof on it and a seat beneath it, so that I could "shelter" from the rain. The roof collapsed but the structure was sound so it has been enclosed with Fire guards on 2 sides, wire netting on the 3rd and a child's gate on the 4th. That's the entrance for little people.Wink
and to keep the dogs out!!

Last year I grew mangetout on the wire netting side and courgettes on the ground. I rather like the thought of being surrounded by beans. Big Grin

I'm surrounded by has beens!  Wink

Thank you for the pic.
Greetings from Salisbury

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I forked over the patio beds which are usually filled with bedding of some sort. Then the rain got me, boy did it chuck it down.
Greetings from Salisbury

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Weather is showery so I commenced cleaning duties indoors.(I loathe cleaning) I must admit there was a build up of dust, especially in the room with the woodburner. Helen was a regular duster which I am not so little Henry the hoover had a good feed! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • JJB

doublyjonah Offline
Went to the plot by myself. Walked over in a light rain and finished up in the same but had sunshine in between. Shifted around some old and some new wood chip. Need more energy for lots of weeding soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes doublyjonah's post:
  • Veggie