2024 - What I did today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Gave away about 10 tomato plants. Arm pitted those moving out and those remaining. Got damp in the rain.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Tried without success to rescue plants that got thrown about when the sales barrow got blown over last night. I couldn’t reach all of them. No point standing it up again until the wind calms down. Did rescue all the crochet bits and wash them. I’ll make a decision on if they’re still any good when they’ve dried.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(23-05-2024, 07:53 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Tried without success to rescue plants that got thrown about when the sales barrow got blown over last night. I couldn’t reach all of them. No point standing it up again until the wind calms down. Did rescue all the crochet bits and wash them. I’ll make a decision on if they’re still any good when they’ve dried.
Might need guy ropes or pegging down some way methinks? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(23-05-2024, 08:03 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(23-05-2024, 07:53 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Tried without success to rescue plants that got thrown about when the sales barrow got blown over last night. I couldn’t reach all of them. No point standing it up again until the wind calms down. Did rescue all the crochet bits and wash them. I’ll make a decision on if they’re still any good when they’ve dried.
Might need guy ropes or pegging down some way methinks? Huh
I knew this weather was coming. So I propped a 3x3 in the ground and screwed it to the barrow. Plan B needed
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker

So frustrating, the weather ruining your hard work. You must get disheartened  SC.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Counted sweetcorn plants and measured out the space they will ultimately need so that i know where the courgettes can go. Got one courgette planted outside. Then the early evening forecast predicted a colder than normal night so I covered what I could and transferred the rest of the tenders into the gh's. Bah! Needn't have bothered, it only went down to 9°C. Rinse and repeat tonight, they're forecasting 6°C and we're usually a couple of degrees lower.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Had a fight with the barrow . Trying to stand it up.

I was very close to running out of talent. When my lovely neighbour came and helped. It’s simple with 2 people, you just pick it up. After a taking everything out and rescuing plant, washing key rings. Luckily all the crochet items in basket were fine. Washed everything down, re- wrote the signs. Put new plants & fresh crochet out. Pick all the broken lupins from the wind yesterday and put some jam jar posies out as well. 
Sold some stuff within an hour of it being upright.  Cool . To a car full of french ladies  Big Grin .

[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, MartinH, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(24-05-2024, 09:02 AM)JJB Wrote:

So frustrating, the weather ruining your hard work. You must get disheartened  SC.
At times very much so.

my lovely lupins morning before the storm.

My poor lupins that evening part way through the storm. I circled the barrow. Difficult to spot when it’s flat on its back  Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Not sure I should 'like' that. Heartbreaking.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Went to the plot on my own. Weeded the area I was fretting about, lined the bank with cardboard, and put my mini beds alongside. It looks pretty poor but hopefully it'll keep things a bit under control. Planted out some flower, cucumber, bean, and pumpkin seedlings. Everything is so so small still. I'm feeling decidedly less than optimistic about getting any decent sized pumpkins this year. I'm really hoping to scrape some of the old wood chip into the compost and barrow down some new stuff that's on site to freshen things up and bulk out the compost bin. But of course it's forecast rain the rest of the time my husband is free so good luck...
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie