Freecycle and similar websites
JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,061
(04-06-2024, 04:18 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Recently picked up some dahlia tubers and cuttings, as I mentioned elsewhere.

Today gave away some baby clothes. As much as I'm ready to get some space back, I still feel sad about some of the baby stuff going. Total sap.

Not a sap at all DJ, only natural. I still have a few baby things in the loft.......and the lad is 36!  I still get a warm feeling when I come across them, even though he was a blighter of a baby.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,062
IN this week - some plastic bell cloches, a gardening apron (I'll never wear it but I couldn't resist the fabric - images of seed packets. Going to convert it into some sort hanging storage.
OUT went a bag of paperbacks - I'm picking up some more tomorrow. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,063
IN recently came 40+ sachets of cat food (the dogs can't read that its meant for cats!).
Also a number of plastic storage boxes - to help me get organised!!
IN Today came 3 bags of Wool Cool insulation sheets as used in food deliveries like Hello Fresh, apparently. I'm planning on using it as mulch as slugs are supposed to dislike walking on it.
OUT went another bag of books and some ice lolly moulds.
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,064
Had a message today from someone on the local freebie group asking whether I'd like some greengrocery stuff. I've had dried foods from her before but this is the first lots of fresh food. Of course, I accepted the offer. Big Grin
I came home with 6 avocadoes, 3 bags of apples, spinach, 3 punnets of tomatoes, bags of cut herbs - basil, dill, parsley. sweet potatoes and an enormous celeriac! Also a box of apple tarts, a wedge of cheese with truffles and 2 boxes of chocolate mints.
Most of the veg were from Morrisons with a use by date of today.
Apparently it was delivered by a company called "Go Puff", I'm sure she said it was £5 a bag. I must find out more.

OUT went the Air fryer that I acquired a while back. I haven't used it and it takes up too much counter space to sit around, idly. Its being picked up tomorrow. 27 people asked for it!
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
#1,065
A man arrived today with a bag of BBQ pork ribs and a bag of frozen scallops. Bob knows him quite well, I’ve only met him twice very briefly, I think. But that was a very welcome surprise.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,066
£5 x 2 Pantry this morning.
They'd had lots of "customers" this morning so not as a wide a selection of goodies but, I didn't do too badly. Big Grin
M&S Sea bass fillets with chilli and lime butter, KFC, Veggie mince & a curry & rice, 4 litres of milk, 2 tubs of Olive spread, yogurt, potatoes, carrots, kale, tenderstem broccoli, baby corn, lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, grapes, apples, tangerines, lemons, spring onions with roots/ready to plant Wink, mint, baked beans, porridge, Fajitas, herb tea, crisps, soft drinks, doughnuts, bread and a tiger baguette.
Wonder what I can make from this lot this week? Big Grin
  • Broadway, JJB