2021 What I sowed today
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(11-04-2021, 04:07 PM)JJB Wrote: I have it my heart to wish you get 60 courgette plants Big Grin , it's not only finding room for the plants but finding homes for the courgettes.  Your neighbours will run when they see you..........oh, sorry I forgot they do already Big Grin
Thank you, JJB, I hope they all grow too..................because I have a cunning plan - and it doesn't involve posting them through the neighbour's letterboxes. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Bren Offline
Today’s sowings
Tondo courgettes
Squash
Marjoram
Coriander
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Today
Beetroot, mangetout peas, coriander, radish, dill, lettuce, kales, coreopsis, zinnias.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Just sowed 2 rows of parsnips, about 10 days later than last year which were as good as Mr. Kiplings cakes.

The 2 packets were both direct from Mr. F but one dated 2023 and one 2024 so I suspect 1 could be old seed. Will be really annoyed if I get poor germination in one of the rows.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(11-04-2021, 05:24 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 04:07 PM)JJB Wrote: I have it my heart to wish you get 60 courgette plants Big Grin , it's not only finding room for the plants but finding homes for the courgettes.  Your neighbours will run when they see you..........oh, sorry I forgot they do already Big Grin
Thank you, JJB, I hope they all grow too..................because I have a cunning plan - and it doesn't involve posting them through the neighbour's letterboxes. Wink

Are you going to let on what your cunning plan is?  If it's random planting, you'll be stumbling over hidden marrows in your wilderness all summer Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Sowed some cucumbers : konsa, tasty king and Beth alpha.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Courgettes sown, I was supposed to do cucumbers, dwarf beans and also basil and parsley....will do those tomorrow
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(18-04-2021, 09:44 AM)JJB Wrote:

Are you going to let on what your cunning plan is?  If it's random planting, you'll be stumbling over hidden marrows in your wilderness all summer Big Grin
5 germinated - only 55 more Smile
You're almost right, JJB - you know me too well. Smile 
Ground cover, pretty and edible flowers, lots of foliage to feed Mr Greedy and courgettes for foraging. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Sowed six sunflower seeds in toilet roll holders. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(18-04-2021, 08:01 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(18-04-2021, 09:44 AM)JJB Wrote:

5 germinated - only 55 more Smile
You're almost right, JJB - you know me too well. Smile 
Ground cover, pretty and edible flowers, lots of foliage to feed Mr Greedy and courgettes for foraging. Smile
I'm trying to get rid of the old packs of seed. Sowed 2packs of Courgettes dated 2010 last week....just 2 germinated
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie