2022 - What's made you happy today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
My happy from Monday was firstly had a lovely playdate with my DiL and secondly in a charity shop found a pair of Dirt Boots for wearing in the garden for £6 they're lovely but I wouldn't be paying the full price of £50! Smile It was a shame that the brand new Xara boots on the same shelf didn't fit DiL, ah well you can't win them all.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Bren Offline
Buying a pair of fluffy pink daft looking booties from Aldi complete with pom-poms, they really make me smile. Big Grin

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ladies%27-rose-te...2530684901
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
I love them booties Bren!! I've got something similar in sheepskin. Love them.
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Bren, Broadway

Roitelet Offline
The first Tête a Tête daffodils have opened. Spring is on the way!!!!!!!
[-] The following 7 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(17-02-2022, 02:52 PM)Roitelet Wrote: The first Tête  a Tête daffodils have opened. Spring is on the way!!!!!!!

You're right Roitelet, I noticed our first tête a tête yesterday and the first bigger daff this morning.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Someone told me that in 25 days the sun will set at 7pm. That made me smile Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I got delivery of my seed potatoes, my oscillating hoe, and my strawberry plants. No sign of my cranberry bushes.
I even sowed the strawberry plants out in the raised beds giving hem a trim of the dead leaves and stalks first then a good drink of seaweed rooting booster and some granular seaweed. The raised beds already been prepared a few weeks ago with BFB, pelleted chicken manure and sea weed granules.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Bren, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(22-02-2022, 12:02 AM)Can the Man Wrote: I got delivery of my seed potatoes, my oscillating hoe, and my strawberry plants. No sign of my cranberry bushes.
I even sowed the strawberry plants out in the raised beds giving hem a trim of the dead leaves and stalks first then a good drink of seaweed rooting booster and some granular seaweed. The raised beds already been prepared a few weeks ago with BFB, pelleted chicken manure and sea weed granules.

Those are some very pampered strawberries,  they'll have no excuse for not performing.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

MartinH Offline
Seeing seeds germinating in the greenhouse (kohl rabi and Campanula persicifolia so far). And some more rose bushes are arriving tomorrow!
[-] The following 2 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Laughing aloud in the garden!

A bin bag of alpaca wool had blown across the garden and split open. I found Ted sitting in the middle of the ginger wool as if it was a nest. There were chunks of wool hanging from his mouth, his ears and a trail of it across the garden, where he had dragged the bag.
He looked so pleased with himself as if he'd killed a wild beast - but, in truth, he just looked comical. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, SarrissUK, Scarlet