Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night!
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Haven't had any rain, so far , and its sunny and slightly breezy now. Would like some overnight rain, if someone can arrange that please?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man

Admin Offline
The Boss
For me to please
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(05-06-2020, 04:12 PM)Veggie Wrote: Haven't had any rain, so far , and its sunny and slightly breezy now. Would like some overnight rain, if someone can arrange that please?
How does a blizzard of hailstones suit you? Huh That's what I have had to work through at the plot. Sad Sheltering in the greenhouse brought back memories of holidays in a caravan when it rained! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(05-06-2020, 05:32 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 04:12 PM)Veggie Wrote: Haven't had any rain, so far , and its sunny and slightly breezy now. Would like some overnight rain, if someone can arrange that please?
How does a blizzard of hailstones suit you? Huh That's what I have had to work through at the plot. Sad Sheltering in the greenhouse brought back memories of holidays in a caravan when it rained! Big Grin
 No thanks, you can keep your hailstones!
You've reminded me of a friend who always holidayed with his in-laws, in 2 caravans, somewhere on the North Wales coast. Every night he would throw bread onto the roof of the in-law's caravan. The gulls would scrabble around gathering up the crusts overnight, disturbing the in-laws sleep. Every morning the in-laws would ask if they'd heard the noise in the night and he'd tell them how they'd had a quiet night. They always slept well on holiday!

Don't suppose you were the in-laws? Wink
  • Can the Man, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
No rain here either, unfortunately, but very windy. They forecast 4-5° temps tonight. Not a lot can be done about the tender stuff already planted.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(05-06-2020, 06:16 PM)Veggie Wrote: You've reminded me of a friend who always holidayed with his in-laws, in 2 caravans, somewhere on the North Wales coast. Every night he would throw bread onto the roof of the in-law's caravan. The gulls would scrabble around gathering up the crusts overnight, disturbing the in-laws sleep. Every morning the in-laws would ask if they'd heard the noise in the night and he'd tell them how they'd had a quiet night. They always slept well on holiday!

Don't suppose you were the in-laws? Wink
Hahaha, I can just picture it

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
No sooner had I wished for rain than.......................it rained! Yes honest. Cross my heart etc..........
  • Can the Man, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
What is this power you have? Can I have some? Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:

MartinH Offline
(05-06-2020, 08:07 PM)Veggie Wrote: No sooner had I wished for rain than.......................it rained! Yes honest. Cross my heart etc..........

Thanks, the garden needed it. Although I wish you'd waited until I'd got off the golf course!
[-] The following 3 users Like MartinH's post:

SarrissUK Offline
Lots of rain over night here, five minutes of sunshine this morning, then heavy rain again. The garden looks like it's just stood up after crouching and hunching for so long. And it smells...... beautiful outside Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny