Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,121
Went to the FREE Clothes and Books event today. Got rid of a bag of clothes, lots of coathangers and a big bag of books. Came away with more books.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,122
The call went out locally, that the Dog's Home washing machine was broken and they were short of large blankets for the big dogs' beds. I rummaged around in the back of the airing cupboard and found an assortment of blankets and throws that I never use. Delivered them to a local lady who is organising a collection and will deliver them tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,123
IN came a Whittard's Gift box of teas - 8 different flavours - 20 tea bags of each. At one teabag a day I have free tea for 160 days. Big Grin
Also IN 3 boxes of shelled king prawns.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,124
(26-09-2024, 08:16 PM)Veggie Wrote: IN came a Whittard's Gift box of teas - 8 different flavours - 20 tea bags of each. At one teabag a day I have free tea for 160 days. Big Grin
Also IN 3 boxes of shelled king prawns.

The prawns sound far more alluring than the tea.  I see high tea in your future,  delicate prawn sandwiches with exotic tea, probably Earl Grey.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,125
I've just been messaged by the "Prawn lady" - and collected them from her. Big Grin
Apparently they're in a "Too Good to Go" collection from Morrisons. It costs £5 but is worth £10 - but its only worth it if you can use everything. She's just given me a pack of prawns (£2.39), 2 tubs of cottage cheese (£1.50 each), a carrot cake (£3), 3 boxes of macaroons (£5 a box), 3 avocadoes (89p each) and 5 bags of fresh herbs (Basil x 2, mint, parsley and dill - 70p each).
She said she always gets prawns but they don't eat them but she had some lamb yesterday which was good.
I'm doing well for FREE food this week. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli