Freecycle and similar websites
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,111
Picked up another couple of metal gates today
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,112
Its was a Dog food IN day - frozen meat, dog food sachets, biscuits, chews and treats. Plus a dog basket, coat, leads and collar which will be going to the Dogs Home. Also IN came an over the sink drainer and some more wool insulation pads.
OUT went a china chicken (for storing eggs). Somebody asked for one and it was only gathering dust here.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,113
It was a People food IN day today. I had planned to collect 6 tins of soup and a couple of bars of soap! The soap lady said there'd be a few other items with the soap. This morning she sent me a photo of a biggish cardboard box and said to be careful as it was quite heavy! There were 3 tins of peas, fresh grapes, apples, baby potatoes, ready to roll pastry, sachets of sauce mix and jelly and 4 packets of lard. Yuk!! I'll take them to the £5 food pantry next time I go.
I also collected a heated "shawl" thing for those cold winter nights when I can't afford the heating. Wink
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,114
(15-09-2024, 06:13 PM)Veggie Wrote: It was a People food IN day today. I had planned to collect 6 tins of soup and a couple of bars of soap! The soap lady said there'd be a few other items with the soap. This morning she sent me a photo of a biggish cardboard box and said to be careful as it was quite heavy! There were 3 tins of peas, fresh grapes, apples, baby potatoes, ready to roll pastry, sachets of sauce mix and jelly and 4 packets of lard. Yuk!! I'll take them to the £5 food pantry next time I go.
I also collected a heated "shawl" thing for those cold winter nights when I can't afford the heating. Wink

You can sit in your rocking chair, doing your knitting in your heated sawl, just like a little old granny.  Tongue
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,115
Sorry to disappoint you but I don't have a rocking chair, don't knit or have any children to make me a granny. Tongue
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,116
^^^ You'll like this, JJB. Big Grin
I went to Morries this afternoon and the man on the hot pies and pasties counter was marking down his wares. I picked up a bag of steak bakes and he said " Who said you could take those?"
ME " Oh, please can I have them, I'm only little"
HIM (who is very tall) " You're what??
ME "Little"
HIM "You could have said you were Old"
ME , pointing to my hair" "I'm not old, this is a wig"
HIM " Looks like a pot of white paint fell on your head!".
ME "You're so rude. I'll have some chicken bakes as well for that!".
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,117
(15-09-2024, 07:59 PM)Veggie Wrote: Sorry to disappoint you but I don't have a rocking chair, don't knit or have any children to make me a granny. Tongue

Three out of three ain't bad. You'll just have to pretend.  Wink  TBH I'm in the same camp, no chair, grandkids or knitting but you DO have a heated shawl.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,118
(15-09-2024, 08:40 PM)Veggie Wrote: ^^^ You'll like this, JJB. Big Grin
I went to Morries this afternoon and the man on the hot pies and pasties counter was marking down his wares. I picked up a bag of steak bakes and he said " Who said you could take those?"
ME " Oh, please can I have them, I'm only little"
HIM (who is very tall) " You're what??
ME "Little"
HIM "You could have said you were Old"
ME , pointing to my hair" "I'm not old, this is a wig"
HIM " Looks like a pot of white paint fell on your head!".
ME "You're so rude. I'll have some chicken bakes as well for that!".

I can just imagine it.
They must see you coming in Morries at discount time..........and hide!  Big Grin
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,119
More people food today! The girl I bought food for recently, messaged me to say she'd had a Food Bank delivery and did I want some tinned food that they wouldn't eat as there was so much! She gave me 5 tins of rice pudding, custard, 2 tins of peaches, 5 soup, tinned potatoes, peas, carrots, tomatoes and a big bunch of bananas. Some steamed puds too.
Seems wrong to be having Food Bank food but I suppose if she won't eat it, I may as well.
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,120
£5 Pantry today - not as much there today. Sad Potatoes, carrots, radish, cabbage, 4 punnets of mushrooms, courgettes, mixed fruit, tins of tuna, sardines & custard (not together), minced beef, sausages, cheese & ham slices, mozzarella, dozen eggs, bread, cakes, pancakes, crisps, pop.