Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,081
Its £5 x 2 Pantry Day. Big Grin I'll spare you the list of the usual fruit & veg, just the things I haven't had before - mangoes, rocket, a huge bag of spinach, a feta and red pepper quiche, Yorkshire puddings, bake it yourself bread, Mozzarella, 20 eggs.
OUT today went some paperbacks and 30+ small takeaway tubs (that I'd been given and had no use for). They've gone to a teacher who wants to use them for Slime for the pupils.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,082
I swapped some Apple Mint and Taunton Deane perennial kale cuttings for 3 tomatillo plants. Had a good chat about gardening too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,083
Not free. But today I got a 4ft balsam hill Christmas tree £45. Exactly same one new £259. I’m very happy with that.

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,084
Yesterday's IN was 2 jars of peanut butter. Big Grin
Today I collected a few plastic boxes for organising my clutter. OUT went a collection of large cardboard boxes that seem to have been breeding in the garage. They went to a lady who is having a new kitchen and has to pack up the contents of the old one before the new one can be fitted.
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,085
£5 Pantry this morning. Not as much selection this week - perhaps because I was later than usual. Potatoes, broccoli, white cabbage, cucumbers, lettuce, apple, peaches, tangerines, KFC, Tuna steaks (fresh, not tinned!), leek and cheese rissoles, milk, eggs, tinned soup, ready to eat mung beans, bread, cakes, crisps & canned drinks.
Afterwards, I collected some bars of soap and one of those tiered seed sprouters. I really must start sprouting! Maybe Sprouting Sunday??
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,086
£5 Pantry this morning. My weekly shopping trip! Potatoes, carrots, huge onions, mushrooms, cabbage, tomatoes, bananas, tangerines, lettuce, basil, , KFC, Sainsbury's Pasta and Pesto meals (minus any cooking instructions/ingredients), Battenburg cake, Lindt chocolate. Big Grin. bread, crisps and Sensodyne toothpaste. Another miscellaneous assortment to build my week's meals around.
I like the randomness of the Pantry food. Not sure I could cope with making a shopping list now!
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,087
Went to the FREE book and clothing event this afternoon - to offload some books and unwanted (too small) clothes and shoes.
Collected a few more books, of course. Talking to the man who organises it, he said that they get rid of the gardening and cookery books because nobody wants them!! I hope I dissuaded him from doing that. He said that if I wanted to volunteer to help with the books, I could ensure they weren't discarded!!
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,088
IN today came some Herb teabags, noodles and tins of strawberries, chickpeas and carrots.
Also an electric egg cooker which will probably be regifted as I can't imagine me using it much.
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,089
I've been having a clearout - lots of toiletries that I'll never use - how much hand cream does anyone need? As for Body Butter - the name puts me off using it! Its all going to a lady who runs a "Pamper day" for older women at the church where I go for free books.
I've also given her a rug to cover up a hole, dug in the carpet by her rescue dog. Big Grin
In return, she's given me a load of tinned food - mostly tinned tomatoes, soup and other tinned vegetables.........and a jar of curry sauce.
Also OUT, a bag of books.
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,090
IN came a box of cat food sachets for my cat-dogs.
OUT went a Fitbit watch that was an IN a few days ago but I didn't like it as much as the watch I've been wearing for a year so I gave it to the lady who introduced me to dehydrators. She gave me a box of porridge and some curry sauces (not dehydrated).
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, JJB, Small chilli