2024 seeds and stuff I’ve bought acquired today
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(09-05-2024, 09:59 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(09-05-2024, 09:49 AM)doublyjonah Wrote:
(09-05-2024, 08:07 AM)JJB Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 05:51 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Maybe this should be in the confessional thread. I bought from one of the less reputable websites because I just had to have some seeds I saw elsewhere but was too cheap to buy... Rudbeckia Sahara, zinnia queen lime, a large flowered white achillea, some very pale calendula, and a naked seeded pumpkin because I'm hoping to eat the seeds without all the crunching and shell splinters.

Never heard of naked seeded pumpkin. That goes on the list for next year. Hope we have a progress report in the autumn. Which variety did you get DJ?
I ended up with Triple Treat since they had it at the same site as the flower seed I wanted. I sowed them yesterday so fingers crossed I'll get one to report on. I have also heard of Naked Bear, I believe, and a couple with non-English names that I can't remember.
Lady Godiva is one!
I just bought some "Baby Bear Pumpkin" seeds that are said to have "very tasty flesh and hull-less seeds". Only 10 seeds in the packet but they're on sale for 50p at Mr F at the moment. https://mr-fothergills.co.uk/products/pu...bear-seeds
EDIT - Sorry, They've sold out of them - full price ones may be available!

New Thread for Edible Pumpkin seeds at https://gardenandgossip.org/showthread.php?tid=2174
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Confession time!
In June, I've bought seeds from DTBrown & Mr F from their 50p packet offers - £9.40 in total.
Today, I've ordered Bargain basement seeds from Chiltern Seeds. To make the order reach £35, so that P&P was free, I added some Samphire seeds since SC has got me interested! Of Course, I could spin this around and say that I ordered Samphire seeds and, in order to benefit from Free P&P I topped up the order with Bargain Basement seeds. There, that sounds much better. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-06-2024, 11:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: Confession time!
In June, I've bought seeds from DTBrown & Mr F from their 50p packet offers - £9.40 in total.
Today, I've ordered Bargain basement seeds from Chiltern Seeds. To make the order reach £35, so that P&P was free, I added some Samphire seeds since SC has got me interested! Of Course, I could spin this around and say that I ordered Samphire seeds and, in order to benefit from Free P&P I topped up the order with Bargain Basement seeds. There, that sounds much better. Wink
Don’t you blame me for your weakness  Big Grin   Tongue . And yeah a samphire growing buddy  Big Grin

I’m always very tempted by the bargain basement seeds. Never actually bought them though. Keep waiting to have somewhere to plant them. Maybe next year.  Blush ……………. It will be next year because I’ll have to get me some more tromboncino seeds. I am not going another year without them  Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
I've bought galvanised mesh but the galvanising didnt look too special and it looked like it might rust for a pastime, its under observation as we speak, it might be returned (that's going to be a game isn't it?). I'm not counting that in my garden balance because it's a necessity, a structural thing and because I hate squirrels. There, justification over, if a bit specious.
Note to self, must do last month's garden balance figures.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Garrett Offline
Picked up a nice pot of garden mint on clearance for 75p at the supermarket. I've had various fancy mints growing for years, but I somehow fail with the common mint. I need it for my Pimm's!
[-] The following 5 users Like Garrett's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I got this yesterday

So I now have a big bucket of pooie sheep fleece plant food on the go. I have a layer of fleece bits, straw and floor sweepings in the compost bin and a big bag of fleece to use around the garden how and when I need it  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, toomanytommytoes

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Aahh Daggings. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

JJB Online
Moonraker
(23-06-2024, 02:21 PM)Veggie Wrote: Aahh Daggings. Big Grin
Another word you don't hear often these days.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Small chilli