2024 Tomato Grow List
toomanytommytoes Offline
Here are my two surviving cleft grafted plants, now doing very well in the ground. You can also see the drip irrigation I installed a few weeks ago. The brown stuff is a top dressing of coffee grounds, the white stuff is ground egg shell.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Mark_Riga

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(29-05-2024, 01:06 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: Here are my two surviving cleft grafted plants, now doing very well in the ground. You can also see the drip irrigation I installed a few weeks ago. The brown stuff is a top dressing of coffee grounds, the white stuff is ground egg shell.
Is the eggshell a calcium additive or a slug deterrent?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

toomanytommytoes Offline
Leaning more towards calcium, but on a whim I just saw it in a tub and decided to sprinkle it around. Usually it goes in the wormery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(10-03-2024, 09:38 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Think I’m growing this year
Ramblings red stripe. In hanging basket
Black Russian
One other which I’ll be asking your advice on. Just as soon as I’ve worked out exactly what varieties I have.
Thanks to all the advice I got from you lot. My grow list completely changed too 

Mountain princess (standard size Tom)
Reinhards purple sugar (cherry)
Mat-su express (beef)
Pendulina (cherry hanging basket)

I must say I’m very impressed with Pendulina . I’m planning on saving seeds, even before I’ve tried one. They’re producing fantastically. And they’re definitely a large cherry tomato. About golf ball size the biggest ones,  and still not ripening yet.

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie