Cut Flowers
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(08-08-2023, 06:36 PM)Small chilli Wrote: My first and probably last big bunch of flowers for the year.  But I like it. Just hope the lady I’m giving it to, likes it.

Beautiful SC, what's not to like. Has the wet weather been a benefit or detriment for you and your flowers this year?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(09-08-2023, 09:23 AM)JJB Wrote:
(08-08-2023, 06:36 PM)Small chilli Wrote: My first and probably last big bunch of flowers for the year.  But I like it. Just hope the lady I’m giving it to, likes it.

Beautiful Scarlet, what's not to like. Has the wet weather been a benefit or detriment for you and your flowers this year?
I couldn’t possibly say if the weather has affected Scarlets flower growing  Wink .
As it’s my first year attempting to grow cut flowers I couldn’t say if it’s been a help or hindrance
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(09-08-2023, 11:57 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 09:23 AM)JJB Wrote:

Beautiful Scarlet, what's not to like. Has the wet weather been a benefit or detriment for you and your flowers this year?
I couldn’t possibly say if the weather has affected Scarlets flower growing  Wink .
As it’s my first year attempting to grow cut flowers I couldn’t say if it’s been a help or hindrance
Duh!  I've done it again! Sorry SC.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Someone's been in with a pokey stick and saved my embarrassment, thankyou
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
This is probably my last bunch of flowers for the year.

I’ve been quite pleased with my first year of cutting flowers. In less than perfect condition (weather, pots & tubs and moving them ) . I’d of been even more pleased if I’d sold a few more  Blush .
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, JJB, MartinH, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Lovely!
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
And it includes your super bronze cockscomb.
Double lovely!
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
For some reason my spring flowering wallflowers have started to flower again? Glad I didn't pull them out now! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Not going to be many cut flower jars this year. Not got many flowers on the go.

This one has found a home already.  Smile . I went with the just bung them in approach. 

No idea what the variety this rose is. Just know it’s a cutting from a friends dad’s climbing rose. Going to say it’s an old variety because my friend is in her 70s  Cool .  It smells absolutely Devine. Only cut them because trying desperately to save a very unhappy plant    Sad 

[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(10-06-2024, 11:04 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Not going to be many cut flower jars this year. Not got many flowers on the go.

This one has found a home already.  Smile . I went with the just bung them in approach. 

No idea what the variety this rose is. Just know it’s a cutting from a friends dad’s climbing rose. Going to say it’s an old variety because my friend is in her 70s  Cool .  It smells absolutely Devine. Only cut them because trying desperately to save a very unhappy plant    Sad 

They're both lovely SC. I heartily approve of the 'bung it in and hope for the best' approach.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Small chilli