June & July predictions!
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Looks like I didn't make any real predictions for July either - how embarrassing. Wink
I predict that in August:-
I'll be picking apples
The courgettes in the swamp will give up trying to fight the tides and drown
I'll dig up some random potatoes, hoping for buried treasure
I'll be planting more Bijou mangetout and CFBs to take over from the first lot
The tomatoes may ripen - so slow this year.
There'll be a day without rain
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(01-07-2023, 02:46 PM)JJB Wrote: Do we now progress to July predictions  which may be an easy one for me. A glut of courgettes, beans and tomatoes. I might get all my flowers planted out. I might even get time to sit in the garden to admire my hard work. I also predict a drought and a scarcity of freezer space. . There may be more predictions as and when they occur to me.
Well, some of my July predictions came about. The hoped for abundance of strawberries didn't happen in June though. The glut were true to form. Most flowers got planted there'sstill some sad tagetes looking for a home. Sit in the garden?? Who thought up that silly idea?  No drought and no freezer space.

As for August - Peg the Pumpkin  will get a haircut, trombas will take over the world.  I might figure out what to do with kohl rabi. The second sowing of various MT might give me a crop.  The sweetcorn which is missing the sun will ripen and be delicious.  My row of CFB for drying will get even heavier and will probably fall down completely. P & I  might get to IOW.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie