Garden And Gossip Forums
June & July predictions! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Nutty as a fruit cake (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: June & July predictions! (/showthread.php?tid=1929)

Pages: 1 2 3

June & July predictions! - Veggie - 31-05-2023

Crystal Balls at the ready Big Grin
What do you predict will happen in your garden or plot during June. Anything you're looking forward to, in particular?

RE: June predictions! - Small chilli - 31-05-2023

I predict I’ll finish making bed 2 and get it planted. All my plants will be in just one garden.
Hopefully I’ll finish making my hot bin.
I’m really looking forward to seeing Francis E lester rambling rose flower for the first time.

RE: June predictions! - Veggie - 31-05-2023

I predict that I'll have courgettes planted in the old pond in June.
I'm hoping to pick strawberries, raspberries, courgettes and cucumbers in June. Not confident about any tomatoes this month.
I'm really looking forward to wandering round the garden picking fruit for my breakfast.

RE: June predictions! - PyreneesPlot - 31-05-2023

As it's forecast to continue raining for the next fortnight I predict tomato blight by the end of the month!
We hope to have cherries this month, having missed out last year.
Courgettes, cucumbers & gherkins, and beetroot should start. I'm looking forward to soft fruit, too.

RE: June predictions! - Farendwoman - 31-05-2023

Can’t possibly like your post about tomato blight!
Commiserations PP

RE: June predictions! - Farendwoman - 31-05-2023

I’m predicting (with fingers crossed) flowers that I haven’t grown before in a corner of my cutting patch - including Limonium suworowii, craspedia and cephalaphora.

RE: June predictions! - JJB - 31-05-2023

I'm prediicting the penstemon I bought last autumn and nurtured through the winter will flower for me, or at least one will as it has flower buds. That I'll be picking MT, although my saved Bijou are throwing out yellow pods rather than green, I think my saved seed has got crossed. That I'll have more strawberries than I can cope with. I may even have a tomato.

RE: June predictions! - Mark_Riga - 01-06-2023

My predictions for June are: more rhubarb, lettuce then, towards the end of June; onions, garlic, beetroot, chard, caulis and new potatoes, may be some red/black currants and gooseberries. Hopefully strawberries if I get my cage finished.

RE: June predictions! - Farendwoman - 01-06-2023

(31-05-2023, 11:28 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm prediicting the penstemon I bought last autumn and nurtured through the winter will flower for me, or at least one will as it has flower buds. That I'll be picking MT, although my saved Bijou are throwing out yellow pods rather than green, I think my saved seed has got crossed.  That I'll have more strawberries than I can cope with. I may even have a tomato.
I’d rather have more tomatoes than I can cope with - and at least one strawberry that the birds and slugs and ants leave for me.

RE: June predictions! - JJB - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 11:07 AM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(31-05-2023, 11:28 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm prediicting the penstemon I bought last autumn and nurtured through the winter will flower for me, or at least one will as it has flower buds. That I'll be picking MT, although my saved Bijou are throwing out yellow pods rather than green, I think my saved seed has got crossed.  That I'll have more strawberries than I can cope with. I may even have a tomato.
I’d rather have more tomatoes than I can cope with - and at least one strawberry that the birds and slugs and ants leave for me.

The tomatoes will come in thick and fast but I'm not sure whether they will in June. Rest assured with about 40 different tom plants, there'll be no shortage Smile