June & July predictions!
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Crystal Balls at the ready Big Grin
What do you predict will happen in your garden or plot during June. Anything you're looking forward to, in particular?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I predict I’ll finish making bed 2 and get it planted. All my plants will be in just one garden.
Hopefully I’ll finish making my hot bin.
I’m really looking forward to seeing Francis E lester rambling rose flower for the first time.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I predict that I'll have courgettes planted in the old pond in June.
I'm hoping to pick strawberries, raspberries, courgettes and cucumbers in June. Not confident about any tomatoes this month.
I'm really looking forward to wandering round the garden picking fruit for my breakfast.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
As it's forecast to continue raining for the next fortnight I predict tomato blight by the end of the month!
We hope to have cherries this month, having missed out last year.
Courgettes, cucumbers & gherkins, and beetroot should start. I'm looking forward to soft fruit, too.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Can’t possibly like your post about tomato blight!
Commiserations PP
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
I’m predicting (with fingers crossed) flowers that I haven’t grown before in a corner of my cutting patch - including Limonium suworowii, craspedia and cephalaphora.
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm prediicting the penstemon I bought last autumn and nurtured through the winter will flower for me, or at least one will as it has flower buds. That I'll be picking MT, although my saved Bijou are throwing out yellow pods rather than green, I think my saved seed has got crossed. That I'll have more strawberries than I can cope with. I may even have a tomato.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
My predictions for June are: more rhubarb, lettuce then, towards the end of June; onions, garlic, beetroot, chard, caulis and new potatoes, may be some red/black currants and gooseberries. Hopefully strawberries if I get my cage finished.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Farendwoman, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(31-05-2023, 11:28 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm prediicting the penstemon I bought last autumn and nurtured through the winter will flower for me, or at least one will as it has flower buds. That I'll be picking MT, although my saved Bijou are throwing out yellow pods rather than green, I think my saved seed has got crossed.  That I'll have more strawberries than I can cope with. I may even have a tomato.
I’d rather have more tomatoes than I can cope with - and at least one strawberry that the birds and slugs and ants leave for me.
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(01-06-2023, 11:07 AM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(31-05-2023, 11:28 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm prediicting the penstemon I bought last autumn and nurtured through the winter will flower for me, or at least one will as it has flower buds. That I'll be picking MT, although my saved Bijou are throwing out yellow pods rather than green, I think my saved seed has got crossed.  That I'll have more strawberries than I can cope with. I may even have a tomato.
I’d rather have more tomatoes than I can cope with - and at least one strawberry that the birds and slugs and ants leave for me.

The tomatoes will come in thick and fast but I'm not sure whether they will in June. Rest assured with about 40 different tom plants, there'll be no shortage Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Veggie