June & July predictions!
SarrissUK Offline
I'm predicting that I won't get that much more done in the garden before I run out of month lol I've made great strides just in the last two weekends though, and I'm hoping to be out in the garden in the evenings after work. Smile

I have stuff to plant out, need to build a frame for the netting for my kale. I'll be happy if I get that done Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(31-05-2023, 08:35 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I predict I’ll finish making bed 2 and get it planted. All my plants will be in just one garden.
Hopefully I’ll finish making my hot bin.
I’m really looking forward to seeing Francis E lester rambling rose flower for the first time.
I failed miserably.bed 2 is still not finished and unplanted.
There’s still 2 plants not moved.
Didn’t even look at the hot bin.

my rambling rose is beautiful.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(31-05-2023, 11:28 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm prediicting the penstemon I bought last autumn and nurtured through the winter will flower for me, or at least one will as it has flower buds. That I'll be picking MT, although my saved Bijou are throwing out yellow pods rather than green, I think my saved seed has got crossed.  That I'll have more strawberries than I can cope with. I may even have a tomato.

Penstemon are flowering. MT are nearly over. Strawberries were not as prolific as expected due partly to the phantom strawberry nicker and I had one tomato. Fairly predictable predictions so I don't think I'll win any Nostradamus award.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(31-05-2023, 08:47 PM)Veggie Wrote: I predict that I'll have courgettes planted in the old pond in June.
I'm hoping to pick strawberries, raspberries, courgettes and cucumbers in June. Not confident about any tomatoes this month.
I'm really looking forward to wandering round the garden picking fruit for my breakfast.
My hopes of courgettes were hopeless but my lack of confidence in tomatoes was well founded.
The rest came true.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Do we now progress to July predictions which may be an easy one for me. A glut of courgettes, beans and tomatoes. I might get all my flowers planted out. I might even get time to sit in the garden to admire my hard work. I also predict a drought and a scarcity of freezer space. . There may be more predictions as and when they occur to me.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Do we now progress to July predictions? I predict a glut of courgettes, cucumbers, beans and tomatoes and an increasing scarcity of freezer space. I hope rather than predict that I'll have planted out all my flowers, that I'll have time to sit in the garden to enjoy my own hard work. I also predict a drought, or if not a drought, some sort of extreme weather. Most of these are dead certs.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
July predictions...............I predict that JJB will repeat herself on Day 1. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(01-07-2023, 06:57 PM)Veggie Wrote: July predictions...............I predict that JJB will repeat herself on Day 1. Big Grin

I wonder how that happened?  Huh  perhaps I just like waffling  Tongue too many cucumbers, you know they repeat on you.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
How did everyone’s July predictions go ?
I know I didn’t do one because I failed so miserably with June  Blush Rolleyes 
But I’m feeling brave so I’ll do an August prediction  Big Grin .
This sounds be a corker! I’ve not got a flipping clue what’s going to happen. I’m not entirely sure what the end of the day will bring let alone the end of the month  Big Grin 
I predict:
Pumpkin will grow a bit more.
I’ll dig some spuds.
We’ll do some work on the house ( or bob might have an unfortunate accident    Wink ) 
The vehicle will be working again (it bl@@dy better)
I’d like to plant some more things.
I’d like to start work on hot bin mark 2. Mark 1 has been abandoned .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
1)  I predict that in August 95% of my time at the plot will be spent weedig. Sick
 2)  I will process my French bean glut.
 3) ) All of my onions will be lifted for drying.
 4)   My single courgette plant which has performed well will get mildew with all the wet weather.
 5)  I may get my first tomato. Rolleyes
 6)  My Daughter will get inundated with brassica's I don't eat.
 7)  I should get a few boiligns of spuds.
 8)  Beds will be prepared for elephant garlic planting, autumn planted onions and Spring cabbage planting.
 9)  First frost will be a possibility
10)  Possibly harvest some mooli and a few leeks
11) Spinach will hopefully grow a bit more to make it worthwhile harvestig some
12) Because of cold/damp weather I will be burnig more of my seasoned timber procured for Winter on woodburner  Cry
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • JJB