Your top 3
Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Fuchsias nearly made it onto my list - my late aunt used to grow dozens of different varieties in her greenhouse and I was always entranced by them, perhaps because I was into ballet when I was very young, and fuchsia flowers look like little ballerinas Smile

This year I bought four fuchsia plug plants: 3 hardy varieties for containers outdoors, and one for a hanging basket I can bring inside in the winter. There are so many pretty colour combinations to choose from, with different growth habits: bush, trailing, etc.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eyren's post:
  • Small chilli

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
I can't have just 3, each season brings its favourites.

Spring -
crocus, daffs, primroses

Summer -
Sweet peas, clematis - all types and varieties, honeysuckle
Autumn -
dahlias, chrysanthemums, michaelmas daisies

Winter -
winter honeysuckle, holly, hellebores
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • Eyren, Small chilli

mcdood Offline
Daffodils, Hydrangea and Dahlia
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcdood's post:
  • Small chilli

Spec Offline
(31-03-2021, 07:09 AM)Eyren Wrote: Fuchsias nearly made it onto my list - my late aunt used to grow dozens of different varieties in her greenhouse and I was always entranced by them, perhaps because I was into ballet when I was very young, and fuchsia flowers look like littlea ballerinas Smile

This year I bought four fuchsia plug plants: 3 hardy varieties for containers outdoors, and one for a hanging basket I can bring inside in the winter. There are so many pretty colour combinations to choose from, with different growth habits: bush, trailing, etc.
Eyren just to let you know lidils are doing a tray of 6 for £3.99 though the tray contains 6 of the one variety there are several to pick from, but a good buy at that price
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(31-03-2021, 12:52 PM)Spec Wrote: Eyren just to let you know lidils are doing a tray of 6 for £3.99 though the tray contains 6 of the one variety there are several to pick from, but a good buy at that price

Thanks for the tip! I don't know where our nearest Lidl is, I'm afraid - we only recently got an Aldi this side of Cambridge!

I've been buying mine in our local garden centre's "pick'n'mix" section for £1.15 each, which seemed to me like an excellent deal since you could choose from at least a dozen varieties.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Moth, Spec