2021 Seed Swap Circle
Broadway Offline
(07-12-2021, 02:50 PM)Veggie Wrote: The seeds are from a kale (variety unknown) that I've been growing for several years. It flowers annually, the part that has flowered dies off but the rest of the plant keeps growing. It grows side shoots too and I've taken these as cuttings and grown them on - usually starting them in water until they root, then planting them out.
Ok cheers Veggie

My pot planted cuttings are not looking that great so I did actually take some more last week that are sitting in water on the windowsil.
Regards..........Danny Smile

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My seeds have arrived  Cool . Thanks everyone wonderful selection. Will have to do some research on lots of my new seeds. Thanks for your organising skills veggie. Really appreciated.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Forgot to say . Frank was having another day off.  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Glad they've arrived, SC. That's all the seeds safely in their new homes!
I still have McDoods set and one spare set for which I have a plan. I'm sure you'll all approve.Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(08-12-2021, 06:36 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Forgot to say . Frank was having another day off.  Big Grin .
Wiltshire Frank works hard here Sad
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(08-12-2021, 11:55 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 06:36 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Forgot to say . Frank was having another day off.  Big Grin .
Wiltshire Frank works hard here Sad

How right you are, if his machine fails he's determined to capture every stamp by biro or marker Sad  must be a Wiltshire thing.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
We sent out our roving reporter, Veggie of the G&G Daily Post to investigate.......... here is Veggie's Report :-

My enquiries always led me back to Frank Wiltshire, the 1st Class postal worker, who is attributed with never letting a stamp go unfranked. He agree to an interview as long as he was paid at overtime rates for the time it took.
Mr Wiltshire, may I call you Frank?
I had noticed that Emblazoned on his Jobs-worth cap in gold braid were the letters "N.U.T.".
Mr Wiltshire explained that N.U.T was his motto - "Never Used Twice". His colleagues in other parts of the UK had other ideas and made fun of him relentlessly. Mr Wiltshire said he was only doing his job and had recorded the Mails (and Femails) responsible in an attempt to stamp it out.
He was very dismissive of other postal workers, most of whom had allotments, because he said they turned a blind eye to envelopes containing seeds. They know its seeds by the sound they make as they pass along the conveyor belt - a sound which irritates Mr Wiltshire, reminding him of his grandfather who always had dirty fingernails and mud on his boots.
Mr Wiltshire, suddenly stood up, pointed at a pile of envelopes, and stomped off, muttering something about First class Males waiting for no one..............
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Not a lot you can say after that. Someone give 'er some seeds to sow! Big Grin
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
We should have a double 'like' and a hand clap. Superb V.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(09-12-2021, 03:18 PM)JJB Wrote: We should have a double 'like' and a hand clap.  Superb V.
Big Grin she's not known as a nutter for nothing!

I would say I've always had an issue with stamps. They hold post if it's slightly over and won't deliver- they don't knock the door for the extra so I have to go to the post office. Everything has a black marker struck through. I took a load of letters to be checked there once and one stamp had a bit of selotape partially covering a stamp and they had a go then!
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie