Veggie's random garden
Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(29-11-2020, 06:30 PM)Veggie Wrote: Had another try at persuading the Montbretia to pack their bags and move on - but they're not seeing it my way. Such a big family, some move out and more appear to take their place.

I have a family like that. The Muscaris have been squatting here for many years. Every so often I try to evict them but a few always manage to barricade themselves in, and when my back's turned, all their pals return. They take long summer holidays so they're no trouble then, but come the new year the neighbours complain about how rowdy they are and the way they spread themselves around with complete disregard to the personal space of anyone else.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
With you on the montbretia Veggie, I had to use a crowbar to get it out the soil and just like it's big cousin crocosmia Lucifer an aptly named plant, nice to look at and so very tempting, but once you let it in, a devil to get rid of
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^^ I find the same with day lillies.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
With Census Day fast approaching, I've been to deliver the necessary forms to the occupiers in the Garden. None of them have internet so can't complete their details online so each will require a personal visit to assist with the completion of their forms. Some of the properties were unoccupied when I called so its going to take some time to complete the census with all the necessary information - name of occupier, address, type of property, occupation. 

I only managed to speak to Joan and Colin at Number 4, Stanley and Victoria in Number 5 and Mrs Mulberry, Number 14. She's going to have a problem listing all her kids!!! She probably can't remember all their names now.

Wish me luck!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Scarlet, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm going to use this thread to record which random seeds I sow together and where they are. 
If I'm lucky, I'll be able to post a photo of how successful the mix is.................or I may just keep quiet about it when it fails.Smile

First mix sown today:-
Coriander seeds (eat before June 2014)
Bread seed poppy seeds ( eat before ???? )
Mixed radish seeds (all past their sow-by date).

All randomly scattered on the south side of the jostaberry bed, alongside the path. 

In my mind, I see a vibrant green leaves and a froth of white coriander flowers, pink and white radish flowers and some purpley pink poppy flowers with silvery grey leaves. I'll be able to harvest some fresh coriander, radishes/radish seed pods and poppy seed heads, whilst leaving the rest to self seed for next year. 
The chooks will eat their fill of coriander (which is supposed to be good for them) and radish leaves.
Poppy seeds like a touch of cold weather and to be surface sown.

So far so good.Wink Shame all the seeds are so old and probably unviable. Must search my seed stash for newer ones!
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Proserpina, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

Posting a few views of the garden at the beginning of April. To remind me of how open it looks before the trees green up.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli

Broadway Offline
How big is your garden/growing area Veggie?
Regards..........Danny Smile

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The plot, including the house, is about half an acre.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
    With fence.

Today:-
    Without fence.

From the other end!

I don't often show you what lies beyond the fence near the end of the garden because its where veggies grow that aren't completely random - like the beans, courgettes and leeks. Now that part of the fence is down I can't hide it any more, and I need to clear it to make it respectable (and a bit more random.Wink

I have added a rambling path to make it more my style.Wink

[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, doublyjonah, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Looks lovely and so much bigger without the fence. Is the little blue flowers forget-me-not ?
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie