Veggie's random garden
Admin Offline
The Boss
I would love a garden like that, just a short walk to another world. I have always thought Veggie was away with faries...now I know its true Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, Mikey, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
The good thing about having a bit too much garden to keep under control is that you can rediscover things you've forgotten about. Smile
A friend with a new toy - brushcutter/strimmer thingy had a practice in the garden. He's under instruction not to do anything inside the logs that edge the beds. He came back beaming saying "I've found a secret path".
My heart sank! The last path he "found" wasn't a path at all, just a cleared bit in the middle of a bed. This time he was right, he had found a hidden path that had been completely overgrown by brambles and who knows what. I'm still trying to tidy it up.Wink

The sunken "garden" aka ditch is also appearing slowly but more of that on another day. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Mikey, Small chilli

Mikey Offline
I was looking at your garden on google earth this morning and hadn’t realised there were stables behind you. Still very envious of your little slice of heaven. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Nosey!!! The stables are a couple of fields away but not close enough to easily get manure - though I have done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Mikey

Mikey Offline
It’s ok there were no undies on the washing line. Tongue
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller

A few snaps of the Random garden today - the shady part under the apple trees.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Mikey, Roitelet, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
That really is beautiful veggie  Heart
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
[attachment=991 Wrote:Veggie pid='6525' dateline='1596716760']The sunken "garden" aka ditch is also appearing slowly but more of that on another day. Smile

Here's the entrance to the "sunken garden", blocked by a fence panel to slow the dogs from going in. Last time they did, before it was completly overgrown, they managed to escape into the field behind and came back stinking of horse manure.  Dodgy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Mikey, Small chilli

Mikey Offline
My little boy finds something disgusting to roll in most days. Fox is favourite, but dead hedgehog comes a close second. Their habits are awful and it’s the one time he truly has selective hearing.

Have you got many apples this year V? My 6ft tall step over (don’t ask) has perked up no end since it’s aphid attack has passed. The espalier cox though is going great guns and should Be a bumper harvest.
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I won't ask, Daddy Long Legs. Wink
Quite a lot of apples but some with red spot on the skins. Not a good year for pears and plums though - too many birds and squirrels pinching them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Mikey