Veggie's random garden
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Would never suit P with his love of straight lines and tidiness, would it? Looks a lovely 'secret garden' type. You should take pictures from the same viewpoint when everything is in full leaf/bloom as a before and after.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(17-03-2022, 07:52 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(17-03-2022, 07:33 PM)JJB Wrote: An infinity garden with a ditch is a Ha Ha, I think that's quite appropriate for you. Smile
I thought of saying I wanted a Ha Ha at the end of the garden but thought You'd think I was joking!! .........or that it was something like an outdoor loo "I'm just going to the ha ha. Back soon"

There is a ditch there, before the fence. I used to be able to walk along the ditch but its so overgrown now that I can't even get down into it. Its one of my longstanding aims - to walk in the ditch again. Most people want to do something like see the Pyramids or climb Everest ................I just want to walk in the ditch. Big Grin

Be careful, you might get lost, many ditches are deeper than you are tall!  Tongue
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

This is one of my new growing areas!
It used to have a roof on it with a couple of seats and a table underneath but the roofing sheets warped and, instead of channelling rainwater into a waterbutt, it formed a pond on the roof!! Rather than re-roof it, or demolish it, its been enclosed with fireguards and a safety gate - to keep the dogs and chooks out. The square beds inside are from a stacking wormery.
I've put a layer of hotbin compost in the bottom of each square and top it up with last year's tomato compost prior to planting courgettes in each one. 
The canes are from the cutdown bamboo and I'll grow something up them - beans or squashes or similar
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli

Broadway Offline
(02-05-2022, 09:58 PM)Veggie Wrote: This is one of my new growing areas!
It used to have a roof on it with a couple of seats and a table underneath but the roofing sheets warped and, instead of channelling rainwater into a waterbutt, it formed a pond on the roof!! Rather than re-roof it, or demolish it, its been enclosed with fireguards and a safety gate - to keep the dogs and chooks out. The square beds inside are from a stacking wormery.
I've put a layer of hotbin compost in the bottom of each square and top it up with last year's tomato compost prior to planting courgettes in each one. 
The canes are from the cutdown bamboo and I'll grow something up them - beans or squashes or similar
Very tidy and organised VeggieSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thanks Danny, Not sure whether that's a compliment or an insult. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Broadway Offline
It's a 100% compliment
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

How about this for "tidy and organised"? 
These are the remains of the netted GHs and a previous raspberry bed. Most of the Black pots have spuds in and they're sitting on the "roof" of the shelter in the last photos. I'm hoping it will suppress the weeds beneath and keep the slugs away from the spuds. 
This is definitely a job for the future. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, MartinH, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Unusual to see straight lines and right angles in your garden? Tongue Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(03-05-2022, 04:44 PM)Vinny Wrote:
Unusual to see straight lines and right angles in your garden? Tongue Big Grin
Never crossed my mindSmile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Don't worry, I'll soon fill in the gaps between the boxes and mask the edges. I tried putting all the boxes together but they didn't fit the space and looked even more daft than straight lines. Big Grin
EDIT Just wondering whether diamonds would be more effective.........and fit?
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli