Veggie's random garden
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The recent storms blew down some of the pallet fence that separated the far end of the garden from the wooded bit. Its been replaced with 6' chicken wire that was hanging around and its prompted a rethink of that end of the garden. I'll use the wire netting for Zephirine Drouhin roses (thornless), sweetpeas and mangetout - a living "fence" instead of rotting pallets!
The rose arch has collapsed and the "entrance" to the far end is much wider. This has given me my next idea - an Infinity Garden. Big Grin
If I get rid of the brambles etc along the back fence. I'll be able to see into the field beyond. A few issues that may stop my view - the brambles in the field to which I don't have access and the dogs working out how to dig their way into the field, which is used for horse and sheep grazing.
I'll take some photos some time.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, Proserpina, Scarlet, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

The "new" wire fence across the end of the 3 Veg enclosures.

The 3 joined GHs without most of the debris netting.

Bess & Ted wondering where the Infinity garden is.Wink

Its beyond the brambles.Big Grin
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Garrett, Jay, MartinH, Proserpina, Small chilli

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I love your garden. So many different areas and ideas!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 2 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Most of the ideas change weekly. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Jay

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

Changes are afoot for the pond too. The dozen or so fish will be moved into the other pond and the water drained out of this one. Will probably leave the liner in place as there's a lot of rubbish underneath it - carpet, table tops, stones and tree roots, used to level it up. Will probably put the chickens in there for a while since its completely netted to keep out the heron.
Not sure how I'll use the space. Will need a lot of soil/compost to fill it so that may take a while to achieve. Some sort of hugelkultur maybe as there's plenty of old wood lying around. 
Perhaps it will become a fruit cage or brassicas as the pigeons won't be able to get in.
Who knows? I don't. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
An infinity garden with a ditch is a Ha Ha, I think that's quite appropriate for you. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(17-03-2022, 06:52 PM)Veggie Wrote: Changes are afoot for the pond too. The dozen or so fish will be moved into the other pond and the water drained out of this one. Will probably leave the liner in place as there's a lot of rubbish underneath it - carpet, table tops, stones and tree roots, used to level it up. Will probably put the chickens in there for a while since its completely netted to keep out the heron.
Not sure how I'll use the space. Will need a lot of soil/compost to fill it so that may take a while to achieve. Some sort of hugelkultur maybe as there's plenty of old wood lying around. 
Perhaps it will become a fruit cage or brassicas as the pigeons won't be able to get in.
Who knows? I don't. Big Grin
I seem to remember a fish TV in that area! Tongue Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(17-03-2022, 07:33 PM)JJB Wrote: An infinity garden with a ditch is a Ha Ha, I think that's quite appropriate for you. Smile
I thought of saying I wanted a Ha Ha at the end of the garden but thought You'd think I was joking!! .........or that it was something like an outdoor loo "I'm just going to the ha ha. Back soon"

There is a ditch there, before the fence. I used to be able to walk along the ditch but its so overgrown now that I can't even get down into it. Its one of my longstanding aims - to walk in the ditch again. Most people want to do something like see the Pyramids or climb Everest ................I just want to walk in the ditch. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

SarrissUK Offline
Wasn't it Bigmally's pond that had a fish tv?

Veggie, I'm surprised - your garden is much more normal and tidy than I expected! I mean that in a good way lol
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Jay, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

Sarriss, the garden's only just waking up after winter. Any hint of "there's tidy" will have disappeared soon. These photos show what I walk through to reach the  Shop at the End of the Garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli