Forum Help - Quote
Broadway Offline
Apologies I may have asked this before!

So how does the quote option actually work, I click on it but nothing seems to happen?
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Not that I'm an expert but it enables you to quote a post or part thereof in another thread. Press the quote button on your chosen post, then go to make a new post elsewhere and you will see a note at the bottom of the posting box saying something like 'you have selected a post to quote press here to include it'. I'm paraphrasing here. So you tap the notice and the quote appears in your new post.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(22-03-2021, 07:54 PM)JJB Wrote:   So you tap the notice and the quote appears in your new post.
Quote test, thanks Jen
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Broadway Offline
(22-03-2021, 07:56 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(22-03-2021, 07:54 PM)JJB Wrote:   So you tap the notice and the quote appears in your new post.
Quote test, thanks Jen
That doest look right?
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
What's not right Danny? If in doubt ask The Boss, I merely fumble around and am no good with the technicalities
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(22-03-2021, 07:54 PM)JJB Wrote: Not that I'm an expert but it enables you to quote a post or part thereof in another thread.  Press the quote button on your chosen post, then go to make a new post elsewhere and you will see a note at the bottom of the posting box saying something like 'you have selected a post to quote press here to include it'. I'm paraphrasing here.  So you tap the notice and the quote appears in your new post.

(22-03-2021, 07:58 PM)Broadway Wrote:
Quote test, thanks Jen
That doest look right?

(22-03-2021, 08:05 PM)JJB Wrote: What's not right Danny? If in doubt ask The Boss, I merely fumble around  and am no good with the technicalities
I'm not disputing your guidance JenSmile In some posts I've seen something like /quote in the body?
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(22-03-2021, 08:09 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(22-03-2021, 07:54 PM)JJB Wrote: Not that I'm an expert but it enables you to quote a post or part thereof in another thread.  Press the quote button on your chosen post, then go to make a new post elsewhere and you will see a note at the bottom of the posting box saying something like 'you have selected a post to quote press here to include it'. I'm paraphrasing here.  So you tap the notice and the quote appears in your new post.

Quote test, thanks Jen
That doest look right?

(22-03-2021, 08:05 PM)JJB Wrote: What's not right Danny? If in doubt ask The Boss, I merely fumble around  and am no good with the technicalities
I'm not disputing your guidance JenSmile In some posts I've seen something like /quote in the body?
If you Hit "Reply" after the post you want to quote, it includes the post in your post.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Broadway Offline
(22-03-2021, 08:36 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(22-03-2021, 08:09 PM)Broadway Wrote:

Quote test, thanks Jen
That doest look right?

If you Hit "Reply" after the post you want to quote, it includes the post in your post.
Yup but that's a replySmile, what's quote?
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I give up Tongue
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
Yet again life is to short  Rolleyes . Basically a quote & a reply does the same thing. 

No, I don’t know why they’re both available, before you ask.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie