Do you have an ology?
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
There are so many knowledgeable people on here that I'm feeling a bit left out.Wink
Then I remembered the BT ad from many years ago -    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK5-2fPyCjA 

So I'd like to warn people that I'm likely to make an ology comment whenever I feel its warranted.Wink. No offence intended - maybe a tinge of jealousy though. Rolleyes .

So, my question is - do you have an Ology that you'd care to tell us about?  Cool

Don't be shy! Remember, this is the Nutty thread where we try not to be too serious.. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
No ologies here  Big Grin . I couldn’t be ar$ed with higher education    Big Grin .

All I have is degrees of some sort in animal management & floristry
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(14-03-2021, 09:36 PM)Small chilli Wrote: No ologies here  Big Grin . I couldn’t be ar$ed with higher education    Big Grin .

That'll be a Zooology and a florology then, SC. Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I have a B.Sc. in zoology Big Grin This is one of the reasons I'm keen on encouraging diversity in my garden, from deliberate additions such as mason bees, to feeding wild birds and hedgehogs, and setting up micro-habitats for spiders, etc. I was at uni with wildlife presenter Nigel Marvin, but also comedian Chris Morris (of Brass Eye & The IT Crowd fame), which may explain my sense of humour!

Oddly, given this forum's focus, I managed to dodge any botany courses (I did biochemistry instead) - it wasn't until I discovered a passion for edibles that my black thumbs turned green!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Another ology in Zoos!!
Sorry to say I've never heard of Nigel Marvin or Chris Morris though - probably best not to explain as I don't watch TV much.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, JJB

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(14-03-2021, 09:51 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(14-03-2021, 09:36 PM)Small chilli Wrote: No ologies here  Big Grin . I couldn’t be ar$ed with higher education    Big Grin .

That'll be a Zooology and a florology then, SC. Wink
florology Sounds like something unpleasant you can contract   Big Grin  . So pretty close to how I felt about being a florist   Wink  

(Hated every second of it! It’s taken me a good 25+ years to forgive flowers! I’m slowly starting to like & appreciate them again ).
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(14-03-2021, 09:55 PM)Eyren Wrote: I have a B.Sc. in zoology Big Grin This is one of the reasons I'm keen on encouraging diversity in my garden, from deliberate additions such as mason bees, to feeding wild birds and hedgehogs, and setting up micro-habitats for spiders, etc. I was at uni with wildlife presenter Nigel Marvin, but also comedian Chris Morris (of Brass Eye & The IT Crowd fame), which may explain my sense of humour!

Oddly, given this forum's focus, I managed to dodge any botany courses (I did biochemistry instead) - it wasn't until I discovered a passion for edibles that my black thumbs turned green!
You did zoology and biochemistry?? My son did biochemistry at Exeter.

I did fashion and Designology?? Big Grin I also dis a few years of by floristry part time in the evenings when the boys were babies.

SC, how can you not like it?? It made for easy wired sugar flowers for my cakes. 

What I want to be is a dahliologist. All my last dahlia cuttings died. I will try again tomorrowBig Grin
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, mcdood, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(14-03-2021, 10:46 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(14-03-2021, 09:55 PM)Eyren Wrote: I have a B.Sc. in zoology Big Grin This is one of the reasons I'm keen on encouraging diversity in my garden, from deliberate additions such as mason bees, to feeding wild birds and hedgehogs, and setting up micro-habitats for spiders, etc. I was at uni with wildlife presenter Nigel Marvin, but also comedian Chris Morris (of Brass Eye & The IT Crowd fame), which may explain my sense of humour!

You did zoology and biochemistry?? My son did biochemistry at Exeter.

I did fashion and Designology?? Big Grin I also dis a few years of by floristry part time in the evenings when the boys were babies.

SC, how can you not like it?? It made for easy wired sugar flowers for my cakes. 

What I want to be is a dahliologist. All my last dahlia cuttings died. I will try again tomorrowBig Grin
Hated the one day a week training at college with lot of girlies more concerned with how they looked or who they were see with. You know what I mean.  Nothing enjoyable about dealing with those ordering funeral flowers. Nothing enjoyable about dealing with incredibly over fussy brides!!! Not much fun ( after you’ve got bored of taking the pi$$ out of the first dozen) young men ordering valentines flowers. Christmas & Mother’s Day just ridiculous busy.
apart from that it wasn’t to bad  Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I have a combo ology in digging up old stuff and maps. 
I wanted to be a farmer but was told girls didn't do agriculture  Huh especially when it wasn't in their background. But then I was also told that there was no point applying for uni either!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 5 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My ology is so boring that my brother said it would make a glass eye fall asleep.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Vinny