Seed availability
Spec Offline
Had to go out this evening to get some milk so went down to lidels when it was quite, going through the entrance doors they have set up a seed stand where you just can't miss it, so how could I possibly walk past it, I have had a search through the seed stand looking for pansy seeds at tesco and had my daughter search for them a morrisons, without success, so I thought I would get them in lidels, but none there either, so does anyone know if there is shortage of pansy seeds this year, if so is there a shortage of other seed varieties
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Sorry, no idea - though Brexit has put a spanner in the works when it comes to a lot of plant-related commerce, so who knows? There were certainly plenty of pansy plants in the garden centre last weekend, so the commercial growers still have access to them!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec, Vinny

Spec Offline
There are no GCs open up here at present, though that may change today, but did you notice if there were any pansy seeds available
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Sorry, I was deliberately avoiding looking at seed packets, as I have too many already!

If I spot any in my local Tesco I'll let you know.

Edit: I do know that Chiltern Seeds has some, as I was thinking of getting some Viola cornuta seeds - I love that they flower all through the winter!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Bren Offline
Spec have you tried Aldi they have multi packs on sale at 99p.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(09-03-2021, 11:07 AM)Bren Wrote: Spec have you tried Aldi they have multi packs on sale at 99p.
I saw an FB post about Aldi Sweetpeas - 8 different varieties for 99p.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
Thanks Bren but there is no Aldi close at hand but I am quite sure that if Eyren applied a bit of willpower she should be able to look at seeds without feeling the need to buy Smile . I know I can look at things without the strong urge to spend money Rolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Plenty of pansies at Premier Seeds https://www.premierseedsdirect.com/produ...m-p/pansy/
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

toomanytommytoes Offline
(09-03-2021, 11:44 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 11:07 AM)Bren Wrote: Spec have you tried Aldi they have multi packs on sale at 99p.
I saw an FB post about Aldi Sweetpeas - 8 different varieties for 99p.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/the-green-garden-...5449507001

There is one pansy (Swiss Giant) in the 8-in-1 hanging basket packet.

They also have vegetable seeds - https://www.aldi.co.uk/the-green-garden-...9449507201
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Spec Offline
Got 2 packets of pansy seeds this morning at asda £1.49 a packet

Asda also have compost a 3, 60ltr. bags for £10 or £4.a bag but as I am only using what I have along with old compost, burn sand and mole hills, I will just have to put my money back under the mattress
[-] The following 5 users Like Spec's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Eyren, Veggie, Vinny