Bizarre marketing ploy of the day
Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I get the Harrod Horticultural email newsletter, just in case they have any special offers, but today's edition left me scratching my head...

It started off mundanely enough, talking about growing leeks, then took a left turn into surreality with the suggestion that I might want a walk-in fruit cage to (and I quote) "help your leeks grow to their full potential".

Clearly this is why my leeks failed last year - I only had hoops and butterfly netting over them (the netting was there for the neighbouring kale). WTAF??
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB

Spec Offline
See you are never too old to live and learnBig Grin
What I am trying to do is work out what WTAF means Confused But if its bad language I don't want to know
[-] The following 6 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(08-03-2021, 03:41 PM)Spec Wrote: See you are never too old to live and learnBig Grin
What I am trying to do is work out what WTAF means Confused But if its bad language I don't want to know
Only one word would offend you delicate ears. The first 3 words are...... what the actual **** 
Hope that helps  Wink .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(08-03-2021, 03:52 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 03:41 PM)Spec Wrote: See you are never too old to live and learnBig Grin
Only one word would offend you delicate ears. The first 3 words are...... what the actual **** 
Hope that helps  Wink .

What's wrong with "flip"? Big Grin
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
Thanks girls, (I know, but using that term loosely,) though I have used such words and worked in places and have friends who use words that offend my delicate ears, it's one of the things I don't like about Facebook, people using such words when children can have access to see them, and yes I am aware it may be old fashioned, but even some of us younger folk can still be old fashionedSmile
Also just to let you know Eyren, there is nothing wrong with "flip" Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
According to Spec, I'm an old fogey (and he should know) but I don't see the point of using an abbreviation for something you wouldn't post in full - I presume?

Back to the topic, I think, it amuses me on Amazon when you search for something like, say, a watering can and it tell you that other people looking for this item also bought - a Guidebook to Peru, a non-stick frying pan and a bulk pack of toilet rolls. they're always items that have absolutely no connection to the item you want to buy!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, Spec

JJB Offline
Moonraker
My advertising moan of the week was an emaiL from Mr. F telling me to preorder summer bedding and I click the picture it either takes me to spring bedding, or bedding plants that are all out of stock until August!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, Spec, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(08-03-2021, 04:00 PM)Eyren Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 03:52 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
Hope that helps  Wink .

What's wrong with "flip"? Big Grin
We have a word in Ireland that my elderly aunt likes to use, it’s a polite ‘feck’, as in Oh feck !
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, Eyren, Jay, Spec

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(08-03-2021, 06:33 PM)Veggie Wrote: According to Spec, I'm an old fogey (and he should know) but I don't see the point of using an abbreviation for something you wouldn't post in full - I presume?

I don't have any qualms about using strong language IRL (in real life), but the acronym just feels more normal online. Or maybe I've just been hanging out with a lot of younger people for too long and have picked up the habit from them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay