Plot Fence
Broadway Online
Hello Folks

Some of you may remember I said part of the plot fence broke a while ago. You may also remember I said I was "borrowing" the plot therefore could, albeit doubtful, get hoiked off at any time.

With this in mind I don't want to spend a lot but would like some sort of boundary/fencing. I was thinking about the items below any wondered what people thought, don't hesitate to  tell me it's a stupid ideaSmileSmile

Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
We've got some of those Danny. Bought them and some plastic stuff to give rabbit protection. They were carp at keeping the rabbits off the veg patch as the blighters just ate their way through the plastic, but the poles are fine. Ours are rather rusty now and no longer used as fence posts but they come in handy for all sorts, propping up heavy low fruit tree branches, solid stakes for support, they even propped up the dalek once. I'm not sure how robust the netting would be though.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Broadway Online
(24-02-2021, 03:50 PM)JJB Wrote: We've got some of those Danny.  Bought them and some plastic stuff to give rabbit protection. They were carp at keeping the rabbits off the veg patch as the blighters just ate their way through the plastic, but the poles are fine. Ours are rather rusty now and no longer used as fence posts but they come in handy for all sorts, propping  up heavy low fruit tree branches, solid stakes for support, they even propped up the dalek once.  I'm not sure how robust the netting would be though.
Thanks Jen

I had similar thoughts regards the poles having multiple uses. Maybe someone else will have a view on different nettingSmile
  • Can the Man, JJB

Admin Offline
The Boss
Debris netting is OK but wont stop pests, disrupts wind well and works well for netting brassicas.

The plastic type in your postis a complete waste of money in my opinion
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Lots of people use pallets for fencing. Can you source those?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Broadway Online
(24-02-2021, 05:39 PM)Veggie Wrote: Lots of people use pallets for fencing. Can you source those?
Probably could Veggie but I'd consider that a bit more effort then I want to put in?
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
You better stick to a ball of string and a post at each end then!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Broadway Online
(24-02-2021, 06:07 PM)Veggie Wrote: You better stick to a ball of string and a post at each end then!
Brilliant I have a longer response which I'll post after the football, sorry I can't multi-task that wellSmile
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I think that the pallets ideas is a good solution and not overly expensive ok it requires a bit of effort but think of it the pallets can be recycled into kindling or stove timber later.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Online
(24-02-2021, 06:13 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(24-02-2021, 06:07 PM)Veggie Wrote: You better stick to a ball of string and a post at each end then!
Brilliant I have a longer response which I'll post after the football, sorry I can't multi-task that wellSmile
Ok it's half timeSmile

I was thinking as I was typing my "effort" response I was setting myself up so thanks for not disappointing VeggieSmile

Ok joking aside If I could see myself having the plot for 4-5 years I'd make more of an effort on the fence, but my fear if either the owners or health will cut me shortSad

Looking at the metal rods and debris netting that looks a good option, also I'm seriously not discounting posts and string!
  • Can the Man, Vinny