YouTube Channel
Admin Offline
The Boss
Evening Peeps

We have posted a very rough video from my phone onto our youtube channel....Vinny even gets a mention....thats how bad it is! [Image: biggrin.png]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtwIpn_...PTtOSsMnZQ

In order to get more features turned on, we need you to view, subscribe, like and leave a comment

Thanks
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 9 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Spec, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I was just about to suggest you start a thread of its own, then you beat me to it! Rolleyes A huge move forward for the forum hopefully.
Well done you! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

mcdood Offline
Nice one, try the next one landscape and mess your plots up a bit, mines like Steptoe's yard compared to yours Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(29-01-2021, 08:58 PM)mcdood Wrote: Nice one, try the next one landscape and mess your plots up a bit, mines like Steptoe's yard compared to yours Smile
A very good description of my plot. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, mcdood

Admin Offline
The Boss
I shall try harder Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • mcdood, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Nice video Boss

11 wheelbarrowsSmileSmile

I was pleased to see the depth of your beds for carrots and parsnips. I'm growing them for the first time proper this year and was a bit worried having seen a YT video where the depths were 4 & 5 pallet collars respectively. I deeply admire the guy who did the video and watch a lot of his but the amount of material to fill those 2 beds would obviously fill 9 of mine. I appreciate he should have near perfect produce with that setup.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Mamzie, mcdood, Vinny

mcdood Offline
I've seen some of the setups you mention Danny with deep sieved compost containers and some of them individually make carrot shaped holes for the carrots to go into. I do admire the dedication of these guys but I don't have the time or the inclination. I chuck the seeds in some will fork some won't, they all end up in the pot.
[-] The following 2 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Broadway, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(30-01-2021, 09:49 AM)mcdood Wrote: I've seen some of the setups you mention Danny with deep sieved compost containers and some of them individually make carrot shaped holes for the carrots to go into. I do admire the dedication of these guys but I don't have the time or the inclination. I chuck the seeds in some will fork some won't, they all end up in the pot.
Yes fair play to them.

Last year I just bunged some parsnips and beetroot in a little area I'd cleared as an experiment.

We got about 10 parsnips which has really motivated for this year, what could possibly go wrongSmile

But god the beetroot, now in my top 5 for veg, also froze wellSmile

Anyway, sorry I don't want to hijack another thread!!!!
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • mcdood, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
I just remove the bigger stones when turning over the soil, forked or not, it still tastes good
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, mcdood, Vinny

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Why have I been under the impression Admin was a lady all this time?!?

I was so convinced you were a lady that when I heard your voice in the video, I had to scurry back to your profile to check I wasn't about to accidentally misgender you as male!

This forum is full of surprises Big Grin
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 8 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Mamzie, mcdood, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie, Vinny