Video Camera?
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Question 
Following on from Admin's You Tube channel thread (which appears to have died a death?) Cry I have decided I need to drag myself, kicking and screaming into the 21st Century. Rolleyes

With the ability to upload to You Tube I need to look at purchasing a budget video-cam. Cool

How much am I looking at price-wise? What do I need to be looking for to video a 5 to 10 minute video? Is it a case of pressing a button (don't want anything too complicated).
I like the idea of the little screen at the side of the vid cam to see what you are videoing.

Do all cams have sound enabled so people can here my dulcet tones while I am filming? Huh

That's enough questions to begin with, any comments and recommendations would be appreciated. Cool

Ta muchly.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(26-01-2021, 03:41 PM)Vinny Wrote: Following on from Admin's You Tube channel thread (which appears to have died a death?) Cry I have decided I need to drag myself, kicking and screaming into the 21st Century. Rolleyes

With the ability to upload to You Tube I need to look at purchasing a budget video-cam. Cool

How much am I looking at price-wise? What do I need to be looking for to video a 5 to 10 minute video? Is it a case of pressing a button (don't want anything too complicated).
I like the idea of the little screen at the side of the vid cam to see what you are videoing.

Do all cams have sound enabled so people can here my dulcet tones while I am filming? Huh

That's enough questions to begin with, any comments and recommendations would be appreciated. Cool

Ta muchly.
The question that jumps out at me is what is your mobile like for videos (assuming you have one)?

I have taken a few videos on my phone which are more than adequate and I have what I'd consider a cheapish phone. You can also turn the volume down /off.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ve not got a mobile. Bob uses his for videos regularly. And it take much better photos than my camera. It is a multi purpose tool that seems pretty good at most things ( web browsing, fb, messaging. It even makes phone calls)
I’m considering getting one when my camera gives up the will to live. Unfortunately I don’t think that’s to far away.
For video I’d definitely go the mobile route.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
It even makes phone calls SmileSmileSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Vinny

Vinny Offline
My phone is a poxy Sony Experia and its carp. Angry  I inherited it from OH when she got an Iphone. I also have a Samsung Edge S9? which I got off my Son (with a cracked screen and a ddodgy battery) which I only use for photo's of books I am selling on ebay. Rolleyes
I use a Chrome Book which won't allow me to add photos. I have to dock the Samsung with my Windows computer upstairs and transfer the photos onto a memory stick. Then to upload photos I directly transfer them from the USB memory stick. Its a bit of a pain in the proverbial.

All in all I think a webcam is the way to go?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
I might have a play about with the Samsung but unsure about the sound use?
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
My understanding of a "webcam" is its sort of used for real-time filming and streaming through your computer, or something like that! Not sure there's a niche for that in the allotment fraternitySmileSmile

Both the phones you've mentioned don't look cheap, unless I've googled(sorry duckduck'd) the wrong models. If I were you I'd at least try a test video on both?
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(26-01-2021, 04:56 PM)Broadway Wrote: My understanding of a "webcam" is its sort of used for real-time filming and streaming through your computer, or something like that! Not sure there's a niche for that in the allotment fraternitySmileSmile

Both the phones you've mentioned don't look cheap, unless I've googled(sorry duckduck'd) the wrong models. If I were you I'd at least try a test video on both?
There seems a heck of a lot of allotment/gardening videos on Youtube.

Even a walk around the plot filming with a talk-over of what is growing and plans for the future would be quite interesting I think?

Comparing mine and other plots layouts would be interesting to me?

I have just spoken to my son who reckons the Samsung would cope easily, so we shall see. Smile
  • Can the Man

Admin Offline
The Boss
(26-01-2021, 03:41 PM)Vinny Wrote: Following on from Admin's You Tube channel thread (which appears to have died a death?) Cry I have decided I need to drag myself, kicking and screaming into the 21st Century. Rolleyes

Ta muchly.
Still in the pipeline Vinny Tongue Like all things it takes time.

I am talking about  with a seasoned  youtuber about how to allow multiple users to upload and how best to launch....so watch this space.
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(26-01-2021, 04:16 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ve not got a mobile. Bob uses his for videos regularly. And it take much better photos than my camera. It is a multi purpose tool that seems pretty good at most things ( web browsing, fb, messaging. It even makes phone calls)
I’m considering getting one when my camera gives up the will to live. Unfortunately I don’t think that’s to far away.
For video I’d definitely go the mobile route.

(26-01-2021, 05:33 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(26-01-2021, 04:56 PM)Broadway Wrote: My understanding of a "webcam" is its sort of used for real-time filming and streaming through your computer, or something like that! Not sure there's a niche for that in the allotment fraternitySmileSmile

There seems a heck of a lot of allotment/gardening videos on Youtube.

Even a walk around the plot filming with a talk-over of what is growing and plans for the future would be quite interesting I think?

Comparing mine and other plots layouts would be interesting to me?

I have just spoken to my son who reckons the Samsung would cope easily, so we shall see. Smile
Agreed my comment was directed at "live" videos, trust me I've watch loads of YT videos, most with envySmileSmile
  • Can the Man, Vinny