Vaccine roll out.
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(30-01-2021, 05:06 PM)Bren Wrote:
(30-01-2021, 12:51 PM)JJB Wrote: P had the jab this morning.  This is a pic of the  stunning 15 minute recovery area.

Nice photo, plus P had something interesting to look at.  Just wondering do you get tea and biscuits?

Unfortunately no Smile  The images are painted on gauze or silk, depicting the faces of people in the community  I believe.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Its snowing quite heavily. I've been to Splott. Smile Wanted to play Hopscotch with the man in the queue behind me but he suggested Twister as we moved from green spot to green spot - this turned into musical Chairs!!
Went into the curtained cubicle and peeled off all my cold weather gear - coat and 2 layers of fleece - down to the short sleeved T shirt. Nurse Vicky touched my arm and said, Done.
I was so disappointed - and I told her so.Wink
She said that the adverts show big needles and that's what people expect - but, honestly, I didn't see or feel a thing.
I wanted a gaping hole in my arm, maybe some blood and a big bandage just to prove I'd been...........so she gave me a Sticker for my coat, in Welsh and English with a BIG Tick. Smile. Its for kids really but, that's me.
As I tried to show her what a sensible adult I was, calmly struggling to put my arm through the 3 sleeves  of 2 fleeces & a coat at once, there was a problem --- she had to untangle my sleeves for me!! The middle sleeve was inside out! That was the end of my cool efficiency.
In return, she said that, when you wear a mask all day, its easy to forget its there.....When the nurses had a coffee break, she tried to drink hers whilst still wearing her mask.

That's it, end of my report.................I'm back home and its still snowing. I'm drinking coffee - maskless. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 10 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Eyren, Farendwoman, Greenfingers, Mamzie, Mark_Riga, Moth, Scarlet, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^^^ maybe maskless, but still daft. Smile you gave P&I a laugh though so there's your good deed for the day.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
One of the things I've missed most during the lockdown is being able to go out and make a fool of myself in public. Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, Jay, JJB, Moth

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Since yesterday's outing to Splott was the most exciting thing I've done for months, I thought I would ask for your help with an embarrassing issue I had, whilst out.
I know we are friends and you won't laugh at me. In, fact, I'm hoping that some of you have the same problem and, perhaps, we could support each other.
Yesterday, it was so bad that I had to apologise to the Nurse whilst I took remedial action.
Promise you won't laugh?

I have an Incontinent Nose!! It runs in the cold weather and drips behind my mask. I'm so worried that it will leave a wet patch that everyone can see - except me, and they'll start sniggering behind their hands and pointing me out in crowds. In yesterday's snow, it was so bad that I had to stuff a hankie up my mask to catch the drips which, possibly, made me look even more ridiculous than otherwise.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with a drippy snitch.............I'm afraid to go out in public now.Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’m with you veggie. It’s like a dripping tap! I understand your concern with the mask. Although to be honest I’d not considered it until you mentioned it. Due to the fact I’ve only been to one shop/ public place since last March. I keep mentioning that I’m unsociable, right  Wink . So I’ve only had a mask on once and it was for less than 5 minutes. 
I’d problem go with a patterned or dark mask to hide the potential soggy bit. Luckily I made my own with patterned fabric. Although I’m now wondering if it’s patterned enough!
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
I've made a few face covering and my fave ones have a slit in them and you can push a tissue/kitchen roll in as a filter its a fiddley but does work to soak up those drips.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Well I suppose I was due some good news!

Next Wednesday, must be due to my heart condition.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Eyren, Jay, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(01-02-2021, 05:40 PM)Veggie Wrote: Since yesterday's outing to Splott was the most exciting thing I've done for months, I thought I would ask for your help with an embarrassing issue I had, whilst out.
I know we are friends and you won't laugh at me. In, fact, I'm hoping that some of you have the same problem and, perhaps, we could support each other.
Yesterday, it was so bad that I had to apologise to the Nurse whilst I took remedial action.
Promise you won't laugh?

I have an Incontinent Nose!! It runs in the cold weather and drips behind my mask. I'm so worried that it will leave a wet patch that everyone can see - except me, and they'll start sniggering behind their hands and pointing me out in crowds. In yesterday's snow, it was so bad that I had to stuff a hankie up my mask to catch the drips which, possibly, made me look even more ridiculous than otherwise.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with a drippy snitch.............I'm afraid to go out in public now.Wink

Be thankful it's only your nose Smile  You're not alone, another sniffler here.
Hate to say it but drippy nose seems to increase with age.  I've always got a tissue up my sleeve, pocket, etc.  Even have a roll of kitchen towel in the potty shed for drippy emergencies.  Big Grin Next door lady, in her late 80s has a constantly drippy nose even indoors, which concerns her greatly, dr does nothing.  Maybe we have that to look forward to.  The Americans call it post nasal drip, I believe.   

Another thing that's got worse with age is sneezing. I embarrassed myself in the supermarket yesterday,  I had to muffle countless sneezes (I sneeze quite a lot, P sneezes once and it's over, my sneezes wake the dead and go on forever). Internalising sneezes is uncomfortable and embarrassing,  everyone wonders what that repetative squeaky convulsion is supposed to achieve, but sneezing out loud, even with a mask on, is so taboo these days. 
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Spec Offline
Not bothered by that Veggie but don't really think it would be noticed, my masks are always soaking wet from my breath, so there is no way people could tell the difference, also I am one of those old fashioned folk who carries a clean hanky in theire pocket every day, if I happen to go out without one that when my nose starts running, fortunately OH always has a packet of paper hankies, JJB when I sneeze it's usually ten to fourteen sneezes at a time
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Veggie