2021 - How's your weather today?
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Frost again last night. I've told the weathermen on the telly quite forcefully that I've had enough of the cold nights, but no one listens to me..........no change there then.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Another pleasantly warm day - I could get used to this. Its perfect weather for gardening , not too hot nor cold. Neither wind nor rain or frost. A little warmer overnight would be the icing on the cake.
The soil is perfect for digging up buttercups - lift a clump on the fork, give them a shake and all the soil falls off leaving a bundle of roots. Lots of worms making me happy - and the chooks if they spot them first!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga

Bren Offline
After a frosty start it turned out to be a shorts and t-shirt day Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Beautiful here today...a full days gardening but we keep having hard frosts. Even with fleecing some of my dahlias have been hit and also lots of my roses Sad
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Another brilliant morning, not a cloud in the sky. Down to -1C last night, but tonight's forecast is for positive temps for once. Positively tropical!
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(19-04-2021, 09:45 AM)JJB Wrote: Another brilliant morning, not a cloud in the sky.  Down to -1C last night, but tonight's  forecast is for positive temps for once.  Positively tropical!
Really?? I hope so. It's getting very hard keeping plants looking good.

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just checked my night time temps for the next few nights....3,6,1,2,3,3,4,5,5,5,5!!!!

OMG! That's still so cold.

Just to add my hose pipe is frozen so I can't use it until it's warmed up and every water butt I have is empty - no rain here for weeks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(19-04-2021, 09:52 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Just checked my night time temps for the next few nights....3,6,1,2,3,3,4,5,5,5,5!!!!

OMG! That's still so cold.

Just to add my hose pipe is frozen so I can't use it until it's warmed up and every water butt I have is empty - no rain here for weeks.

I agree Scarlet.  Totally chilly.  It comes to something when I'm pleased that it's not a minus figure, but the low positives are still a burden.  We are going to be so late hardening off and planting out this year.  I ordered some busy lizzies which were delivered last week totally frosted, they had obviously been somewhere unprotected overnight.  I'm not sure the replacements will be any better. Sad

Fingers crossed for warmer nights.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Scarlet

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The weather people said last night it's been the coldest April for years and the driest on record. I can believe it! They promised showers today but the promise is dwindling.
Greetings from Salisbury

Bren Offline
We have rain Big Grin. the first in what seems weeks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • JJB