2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Playing catch up, so two new things last week. I smoked some pollock for the first time, although I should say over-smoked because the smoker is outside and I briefly forgot about it!! It will have to be used in very small portions to flavour other things Sad And I made soda bread for the first time in nearly 30 years. I made it a lot when I was at cookery school in Ireland and hadn't since. I'd forgotton that lovely distinctive flavour.
This week I made jam drop cookies for the first time. The recipe was one of those irritating ones that tells you to preheat the oven first of all and then the method includes 30mins resting in the fridge before baking. Perehaps they're in league with the gas/electric companies? And yes I did read the recipe first Smile so didn't get caught out.
No news on my flu jab yet, it has been done at the pharmacie for the last few years which is so much more convenient, and hopefully this year I'll get an automatic invite again and not have to go and sit in the waiting room with a load of sick people to see the dr first Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different - by PyreneesPlot - 25-09-2021, 10:33 AM