2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(24-05-2021, 03:20 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: This week - don't laugh - I'm practicing standing on one leg.

There was a bit on the radio about us losing the connections in the brain that help us to balance as we get older, but like many things if we practice balancing we not only stave off the decline, but can hugely improve our balance. A previously wobbly 95 year old was cited as now being able to balance on one leg with her eyes closed for a minute. Try it!

I'm currently doing one minute on each leg while brushing my teeth and thanks to having a child's toothbrush with a timer I can't cheat!!

I'm still doing the leg thing and it is certainly easier now. It reminds me of the home physio I had to do after knee surgery, standing on one leg on a cushion and doing slow, wobbly squats, four times a day. After a few excruciating days I had to add another cushion, and then another ... I ended up with one very strong leg Smile 

This week I'm making samosas for the first time. The dough and filling are both made and resting. Tonight we fry!

Week 1 Join Instagram
Week 2 Eccles Cakes
Week 3 Grow lemon tree from a pip
Week 4 Make a Baguette
Week 5 Cinnamon buns
Week 6 Started learning Spanish
Week 7 Make a dandelion salad
Week 8 ?
Week 9 Smoked a fish
Week 10 ikea cabinets
Week 11 kimchi
Week 12 Went to the Dr alone testing my language skills!
Week 13 Sowed home-saved cayennes
Week 14 Went up on the roof
Week 15 Made a genoise sponge for the first time
Week 16 Growing ginger
Week 17 learning new phone
Week 18 Stayed off social media
Week 19 new onion dishes
Week 20 citizenship paperwork
Week 21 standing on one leg for balance practice
Week 22 making samosas
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different - by PyreneesPlot - 03-06-2021, 03:03 PM