2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Not quite steam cleaner territory but we bought a battery hoover a while back which makes a huge difference to the weekly sweep through AND we can charge it from the solar panels rather than the mains! I'll have to look out for steam cleaners too.

This week I've been trying to cook new dishes rather than just doing the same ones. When we have friends to eat I cook new stuff but obviously that hasn't been a thing for a while.

Saturday was a new recipe for a baked cheesecake where you seperate the eggs and whisk the whites before foldng back into the yolk, sugar, flour, cheese mix. The base was made from a dough used for making Cornish Fairings. Loved the base, the cheesecake itself didn't seem anything different from a normal non-whisked baked one!

Monday I used a recipe from Denis Cotter, an Irish chef who creates fabulous imaginative vegetarian dishes. Pan fried small globe artichokes with lemon and thyme. Really tasty, although the artichoke prep is always fiddly. Delicious.

Yesterday I did a take on toad in the hole or clafoutis, whole roasted and caramelised onions are then baked in a thyme flavoured batter. Not sure anout this - a bit too 'eggy' for my taste.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different - by PyreneesPlot - 13-05-2021, 08:45 AM