2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different
JJB Online
Moonraker
(07-02-2021, 04:34 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Very thinly sliced raw fennel bulb with segments of orange makes a really lovely refreshing salad - we like it as a starter before a heavy main. I know you said you din't fancy salad, but thought you may not have thought of the fennel/orange combo Smile
Braised is good too!

My challenge this week was a fist go at making cinnamon buns. I went for a quick baking powder dough rather than a yeast one, but might try yeast next time as it wasn't quite doughy enough. MrPP said the smell reminded him of a road trip in America where we stayed in cheap motels that had unlimited free cinnamon buns or doughnuts and coffee in the lobby! Some days that was all we ate  Blush

Thanks PP, I have some rather mothery oranges that need eating up, might try the combo.
I can smell your cinnamon buns from here, lovely.  Those are the sort of bakes I avoid, like lardy cake, and monkey bread,  they play havoc with the waistline, and who can resist warm buns of any sort, not me.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different - by JJB - 07-02-2021, 04:40 PM