2021 Resolutions
Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
(01-01-2021, 09:54 PM)Spec Wrote: Mamzie I would recommend that you take up cycling I found that the best (and easiest) way of building up my leg muscles after knee replacmentsSmile it also happened to be the cheapest, because I already had a bikeRolleyes even if you have to use a tricycle, I am quite sure it would help

Thank you , I wish I could but am prone to falls and quite unbalanced due to one sided weakness.

I am very happy with my little gym, it has a recumbent Air Walker included. At the moment I am only able to do a few 100 steps, more than 500 steps in a day would result in me needing to recover for a few days with large pain increase. So any extra resilience will be a huge bonus.

The hospital advised me to use the Zimmer frame with seat, as it means I moves more rather than my chair or scooter. Its very frustrating, as I used to love walking on our mountain x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 4 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(01-01-2021, 11:51 PM)Spec Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 07:27 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 07:17 PM)Spec Wrote: How long is the Chesterfield canal then Danny?
46 miles Spec although I've probably coverd about 200 miles of it since I've been here (the route from home to town for shopping / pubsSmile)

So if you are doing it in instalments I take it there are a number of....refreshment stops along thee waySmile
Tier permitting hopefully SpecSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
(02-01-2021, 10:42 AM)Bren Wrote: If I did do  resolutions  mine would be to do more cycling,  its just that the hills seem to be getting steeper.    Confused

I think you are right Bren, I go out for a walk everyday and there is a steep hill as you leave the park I am convinced that someone is lifting the road and brushing all the dirt underneath it as it feels as if its getting steeper every day Rolleyes Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, Moth, Veggie

Spec Offline
(02-01-2021, 11:49 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 10:42 AM)Bren Wrote: If I did do  resolutions  mine would be to do more cycling,  its just that the hills seem to be getting steeper.    Confused

Maybe an e-bike is the answer? Huh I have been looking at these but they are sooooooo expensive. Angry
Vinny is giving a good suggestion there Bren, you can still get out cycling and it makes it easier on the hills, ideal for the el....... more mature cyclestRolleyes Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Bren Offline
(02-01-2021, 04:25 PM)Spec Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 11:49 AM)Vinny Wrote:

Maybe an e-bike is the answer? Huh I have been looking at these but they are sooooooo expensive. Angry
Vinny is giving a good suggestion there Bren, you can still get out cycling and it makes it easier on the hills, ideal for the el....... more mature cyclestRolleyes Smile

I've been looking into e-bikes they do seem to be getting popular and like Vinny says they are expensive but its something to think about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Can the Man

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
I have a FB friend who ordered his E-bike from Wish for a much cheaper price. Has been all good for the last of months for him x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 4 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Spec, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Like farendwoman I too have some preserved fruit to get rid of - thankfully mine isn't in the freezer! Blackberry vodka is pretty delicious!
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Mamzie, Spec, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(02-01-2021, 10:29 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Like farendwoman I too have some preserved fruit to get rid of - thankfully mine isn't in the freezer! Blackberry vodka is pretty delicious!
Well that’s not going to be difficult to get rid of, is it!b
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(01-01-2021, 06:30 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Replace my beautiful eighteen and a half year old brown Burmese boy (Rufus) who passed away in August.
Resolution complete - but twofold!
New kitties have given us a new lease of life and are making lockdown so much more bearable!
Note that Fitzroy has already found the warmest spot in the kitchen

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 5 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Beautiful!!
What the name of the one that isn't Fitzroy please?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman