2021 Resolutions
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I don’t do resolutions can never stick to them Wink
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 5 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(01-01-2021, 07:17 PM)Spec Wrote: How long is the Chesterfield canal then Danny?
46 miles Spec although I've probably covered about 200 miles of it since I've been here (the route from home to town for shopping / pubsSmile)
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Spec, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
I am gonna try and improve my strength.

I don't know if you realise but I use crutches or a zimmer frame. I have just bought a lovely little preloved mini mobility gym to try and help me strengthen my arms and leg muscles.
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 8 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
My resolution...put up with you lot for another year Wink
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 9 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Mamzie, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
hahaha, we really need a laugh button as well as like ...
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 6 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
Mamzie I would recommend that you take up cycling I found that the best (and easiest) way of building up my leg muscles after knee replacmentsSmile it also happened to be the cheapest, because I already had a bikeRolleyes even if you have to use a tricycle, I am quite sure it would help
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I might make a mini resolution which will please SC. I will try to grow perhaps two chilli plants from seed and resolve to use them in cooking. The other, which will undoubtedly get broken is the annual 'lose weight' cry. It is so unfair that P is a skinny rasher of wind with a will power of steel who can lose weight by just thinking. Sad there is no justice!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
(01-01-2021, 07:27 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 07:17 PM)Spec Wrote: How long is the Chesterfield canal then Danny?
46 miles Spec although I've probably coverd about 200 miles of it since I've been here (the route from home to town for shopping / pubsSmile)

So if you are doing it in instalments I take it there are a number of....refreshment stops along thee waySmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
If I did do  resolutions  mine would be to do more cycling,  its just that the hills seem to be getting steeper.    Confused
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(02-01-2021, 10:42 AM)Bren Wrote: If I did do  resolutions  mine would be to do more cycling,  its just that the hills seem to be getting steeper.    Confused

Maybe an e-bike is the answer? Huh I have been looking at these but they are sooooooo expensive. Angry
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Spec, Veggie