2021 - What I did today
Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
#1,591
I have been making myself a level compost area, doing some pruning, and clearing gravel out of an existing raised bed. I ended up rather muddy and a bit damp!

Inside, I have dismantled a big (wall-length) fitted wardrobe unit from the back bedroom. Took quite some time, a blow to the face, and a lot of holding things above my head with one arm while unscrewing things with the other. In the base of one of the wardrobes was a secret stash. It was the bedroom of one of my vendor's daughters, and it was very early 1980s (dated by a train ticket) teenage stash - cigarette packets, full ashtrays, love letters, and a leaflet about the pill! Made me chuckle Big Grin
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 7 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Garrett, JJB, MartinH, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Broadway Offline
#1,592
(27-12-2021, 05:32 PM)Proserpina Wrote: I have been making myself a level compost area, doing some pruning, and clearing gravel out of an existing raised bed. I ended up rather muddy and a bit damp!

Inside, I have dismantled a big (wall-length) fitted wardrobe unit from the back bedroom. Took quite some time, a blow to the face, and a lot of holding things above my head with one arm while unscrewing things with the other. In the base of one of the wardrobes was a secret stash. It was the bedroom of one of my vendor's daughters, and it was very early 1980s (dated by a train ticket) teenage stash - cigarette packets, full ashtrays, love letters, and a leaflet about the pill! Made me chuckle Big Grin
And so it beings ProsSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina

MartinH Offline
#1,593
Today I lifted my chrysanthemums, cleaned up one of each variety and boxed them up ready to take cuttings in a month or two. I've sat the tray onto a heated propagator base to help settle them into the new compost. Spring is coming!
[-] The following 3 users Like MartinH's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Broadway Offline
#1,594
Travelled home to The Shire today, quick stop at the cemetery before we left London to say hello to my Dad, Nan, & GrandadSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
#1,595
Potted 4 perennial kale and 1 9 star broccoli cuttings that had rooted in water.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

Spec Offline
#1,596
Moved some tall perennial asters to the back of the flower bed then planted about 80 daffodil bulbs, not the traditional way of planting them but simply made some holes a couple of spade widths long and deep enough to plant the bulbs, then scattered the bulbs in the holes and covered
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
#1,597
Started the Winter jobs today, pruning the soft fruit. The original blackcurrant needed a serious renovation; it will be 12 in the spring and was one of the very first things we planted. I have been much disciplined with the eleven bushes grown from cuttings taken from it and they're still nice shapes.
Resisted taking any more blackcurrant cuttings but did stick a load of jostaberry cuttings in a pot.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Proserpina, Veggie

MartinH Offline
#1,598
Today I dug a new bed for the Glen Ample raspberries that will be delivered in a few days, hopefully.
I dug about half of a bed for Joan J but then it rained. And rained. And it's still raining.
[-] The following 3 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
#1,599
INR bloodtest, I think it's the first time its been in range post ChristmasSmileSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,600
Currently watching the pressure cooker letting off steam and wondering / hoping that I put enough liquid (and not too many beans) into the mixture to allow for absorption. I'm sitting in the kitchen a bit away from the beast hoping it won't explode and if it does it will miss me, and b) it won't burn and that I will smell it if it does. I do lead an exciting life! Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie