2021 - What I did today
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
#1,561
Nice load of timber there Vinny, could do with some of that myself, mines nearly all gone
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
#1,562
(17-12-2021, 12:40 AM)Proserpina Wrote: I came an absolute cropper on my way to work today. I ended up face down on the pavement after catching the curb with my foot. Not my finest moment! I am now nursing lots of scrapes, a very bruised knee, and a broken left ring finger (I haven't had it x-rayed as it'll just be for strapping regardless, but it's a lovely shade of purple and very painful so I'm confident in my diagnosis!)

On the one hand (the busted one!), I am very annoyed with myself as it's going to limit what I can do in the house and garden for the next few weeks. On the other hand (the scraped one), I am very lucky to have got off so lightly as if I'd gone a couple of inches to the left I would have cracked my head on the corner of a metal railing, and a few inches to the right and my head would have been straight in front of a car.

After all that, I thought I might as well have my booster jab as it couldn't make me feel much rougher. So, now everything hurts and I'm heading up for an early night. Roll on the weekend!
Oh dear Pros, that sounds like a terrible accident, I wish you a speedy recovery, hugs and kisses.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,563
Sorry to hear of the tumble Pros, I expect a broken finger will take some time to mend and will definitely cramp your style both at work and home. Tripping and falling is so embarrassing too. Get mended soon.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

Bren Offline
#1,564
Tidied up the lettuce pots in the GH removing ratty leaves, did the same with the chard and spinach in the garden.

Hope you don't feel to sore today Pros xx
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,565
Hope you feel better soon, Pros xx. Hopefully, you're still able to open an envelope Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina

Broadway Offline
#1,566
Take care ProsSmile

Stomped to the plot, potted around for 10 mins, stomped back home, very fresh!
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,567
I've been gifted half a very large bag of daffodils. Some are sprouting and are itching be planted. P wants to plant some in the grass verge opposite our house, so that's the plan today. Just shy of 30yrs ago the local primary school, up the top of the road, were donated some daffs and organised the kids to plant daffs all down our road. They were supposedly specially bred for naturalisation (daffs not kids?) but have now all disappeared, so we are reinstating in a very small way. Will be a spade and big holes I think, not a bulb trowel job. Haven't got a bulb planter and anyway that might not work in turf.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
#1,568
A quick visit to the plot to pick the Christmas parsnips. We are off to London tomorrow to spend Christmas with my Mum and our 2 sonsSmile
[-] The following 6 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,569
Have a lovely time Danny, it's great to have the family together this year.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Broadway Offline
#1,570
(22-12-2021, 11:17 AM)JJB Wrote: Have a lovely time Danny, it's great to have the family together this year.
Cheers Jen

Will be the first time with my Mum in four years (combination of covid and moving), prior to that ever Christmas since I was bornSmile
[-] The following 6 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Veggie