2021 - What I did today
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
#1,361
Yesterday I finished off stripping out my camper innards, looked at it and thought "What the hell have I done?" Sick It was a perfectly usable camper van when I bought it and now it just a shell, a blank canvas. Rolleyes
Gone are the hopes of days away this year as it will take me months to rebuild the interior the way I want it. Cry

Anyway, onward and upwards I now need to plan the interior and start building it! Big Grin

PS Wish I had taken photos of it before so I could compare a before and after!

Today is a grocery shopping and sending away ebay book sales day, with maybe a trip to allotment.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Bren Offline
#1,362
Vinny what you have now is a useable van Big Grin

all the best with your refit.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,363
Picked up a clump of Michaelmas daisies, the short ones, split it into 10 plants and planted them in 2 groups. One group in my blue/purple flower patch and the other in with the blueberries, purple sage, ajuga, purple kale and a couple of stray beetroot patch.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Spec Offline
#1,364
Went a walk with the dogs and got absolutely soaked, once home and changed and then decided to hang a tent up in the greenhouse to dry, have been trying to dry it off for the past week or so, every time I hung it out there has been a downpour shortly after, its a large tent, 4mts. X4mts. so not a thing to wrap up quickly, just hope the attempt to dry in the greenhouse is successful, this afternoon I gave a presentation about walks in the local hills, and tonight I am going to a talk at a local Burns Club, from never being out to busy, busy, busy. Rolleyes
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Garrett Offline
#1,365
I just did a few cuttings of my pineapple sage to overwinter. Also, took some cuttings of a fuchsia "hawkshead" which I want to plant in a few different places next year.
[-] The following 4 users Like Garrett's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,366
I actually did a days work in my garden yesterday. 2 tunnels are very nearly shut down for the winter. Loads of things ripped out & shredded. Also put a little wire fence around my sweet peppers (what’s left of them ) to try and stop the voles eating them. Little furry **it’s have had over 50% of them already. Don’t know how they getting in to peppers. They’re planted in a double height fish box.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
#1,367
Yesterday was cutting Crown Prince and butternut, a bit earlier than I would like but night time temps are set to drop.

3 plants gave 19 butternuts and 3 plants gave 4 Crown Prince.
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
#1,368
Cut JA's stems down to 6inch, pulled up nettles for the bucket.. The bean tripods took a battering in the wind so I tied that to a wall bracket not to many beans left.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,369
Picked lots of tomatoes and pulled up another plant.
Planted some spinach, chard and frilly mustard seedlings in the GH, now that there's a bit of space.
Cleaned out the chooks.
Refused the offer of a Rhode Island red hen or is it a cockerel - that needs a home.
Collected 5 copies of "The Idler" magazine - I was late. Wonder when I'll find time to read them. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,370
Made myself another bench from a door & broken scaffold boards. For plants & cuttings that are waiting to go into the new garden. Sorted out all the plants. They all got Weeded, dead headed & pruned where necessary. Then sorted into new bench, slightly sheltered bench, polytunnel or barrow. Potted on some of them. There’s more to do.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny