2021 - What I did today
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,161
Watering, feeding, harvesting, potting on. Also potted up a sweet William & a black pansy that decided to germinate in the wrong place. Making chilli sauce and blanching beans & broccoli for the freezer.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
#1,162
I am still at a loss as to why people blanch food stuffs, modern freezers are so efficient, there is no need.
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Admin's post:
  • Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
#1,163
No gardening today, it was a bank holiday and we were minding no. 2 grandson and the dog, so lots of garden entertainment etc. Then brought grandson to the swimming pool for an hour, back home via the shops to get a new ball for the dog and some sweets for the grandson. Had a nice evening dinner then brought dog for a walk and spent the evening playing Jenga with the grandson and the dog who like to push her nose in to see what we were doing and the inevitable happened. Great evening had by all.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Broadway, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,164
Watering, harvesting, rescuing butterflies from tunnel. House work, running errands. Taking part in the big butterfly count. Later I’ll be adding courgettes to the dehydrator.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,165

Cut back the grapevine that sprawls over the shed and GH No. 2. Its laden with fruit - trouble is the grapes are small with big pips and only suitable for Jelly jam or juice.

Then pruned some leggy branches on one of the apple trees - helped by the dogs (who pick the lowest apples and want to play Fetch with them). The chooks, however, want to eat their apples so you get the occasional skirmish as they squabble about ownership! (The chooks always winWink)
Pulled up some raspberry canes that were growing under and through the apple tree. Those raspberries are everywhere!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Bren Offline
#1,166
Cut down Comfrey yesterday and added it to the bucket.
Lots of dead heading I'm trying to cut down on the self seedings especially Oregano popping up everywhere.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Broadway Offline
#1,167
Yesterday moved some planters around, details in the plot thread.
https://gardenandgossip.org/showthread.p...6#pid27826

Also put some circular supports around my 6 sprout plants.

Today town for INR test and a nice walk back along the canal.

I've just popped a marrow size courgette in the dehydrator (One of the plot holders gave me 2 along with a cauliflowerSmile)
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,168
More pruning of the apple tree. Have to be careful I don't cut off the branches that have apples on - they're coming along nicely. Also pulled up random raspberries and other stuff growing under the tree. The lowest branches are too low to walk under (even for this vertically challenged individual) but I don't want to raise the height too much as then I wouldn't be able to pick the fruit!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,169
Not a lot in the garden before going off to work. Picking and harvesting for giveaways and tieing in growing mangetout to its net to avoid it getting unmanageable.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
#1,170
Transported 11 fruit bushes (in pots) to the allotment, 4 trips there and back with the wheelbarrow.

Will now reclaim the back yard for the new planter.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Veggie